Need suggestion for lunch

smashlee
on 1/10/13 12:50 am
VSG on 12/17/12
I don't feel great today. Mainly because I have sinus drainage issues so I feel icky and I'm not really hungry because my tummy is already half full - blech.
I don't want to get in a habit of skipping meals but I'm on purée food and could only get 1/2 a protein shake in this morning. Any suggestions on a lunch that isn't sweet?
***Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the places and moments that take our breath away. - Anonymous

Jackie T.
on 1/10/13 1:05 am - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

Cottage Cheese maybe or an egg?

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

smashlee
on 1/10/13 1:08 am
VSG on 12/17/12

I love eggs, but I tried them a few days ago and they still feel really heavy and uncomfortable. 

I need to go to the grocery for cottage cheese.  I'll probably just stick with some potato soup but thought maybe someone would have a stroke of genius.  :-)

Thanks for reminding me I need to go to the store!

***Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the places and moments that take our breath away. - Anonymous

mimij
on 1/10/13 1:07 am, edited 1/10/13 1:07 am - McDonough, GA
VSG on 10/03/12

ricotta cheese bake, get recipe on eggface's website or blend some progresso soup if you don't have a quick homemade soup. Make some homemade soup pureed with blender and keep on hand. Freezes well if you do this and you will always have something on hand. Feel better soon.

MIMI  Highest weight 215  SW 203  GW 125   M1 -22  M2 -12  M3 -11  M4 -7  M5 -10  M6 -5  M7 -6  M8 -5  M9 -4  M10 -3  In maintenance since June 2013  HT- 5'2"  

smashlee
on 1/10/13 1:11 am
VSG on 12/17/12

Egg Face is like my bible!  lol

Thank you!

rissa1224
on 1/10/13 1:08 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

You can do chili, and add unflavored protein powder- i have Unjury. Or some type of eggbake and add veggies or meats and cheeses and you can have some for a few days in the fridge, soups. Anything that I can mush up with a fork on puree stage. I also put a cheese stick in the microwave for 8 seconds and munched on that. It was better than my chocolate protein shakes.

smashlee
on 1/10/13 1:10 am
VSG on 12/17/12

Oh, I could do chili maybe...good idea.

I've not really stocked up at the grocery yet (like the stuff for the ricotta bake because I am SOOO making that!) since I eat so little and knew I'd be on liquids, puree for a while.  This Monday I get to move up to a few more foods with substance to them.

Thanks guys, this was helpful!

Keith L.
on 1/10/13 1:58 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Cottage Cheese

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

slatond
on 1/10/13 2:09 am

I think Chili was good idea... When I have URI or sinus issue / hot soup seems to feel better. I think I read somewhere on here awhile back about starting your day w/ a hot cup of tea when having issues w/ Sinuses!?

smashlee
on 1/10/13 2:12 am
VSG on 12/17/12

Dang, guess who's going to the grocery this weekend...ME!  lol

I love hot tea and will be having some shortly :-)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 92 views