Help?!?!?!?!?!

ChristiS1985
on 1/14/13 9:19 am - TN

Ok, so I know I haven't posted in a LONG time and I apologize for that. Life has been happening and most of it has been amazing. I had my VSG on April 2nd and i've lost right at 125 pounds. Thats a whole person...but im still big. I still need to lose 100 more pounds and at this moment it seems impossible. I am eating more and I realize thats normal but i feel like its just out of control. I miss being able to eat half of a sugar free pudding and being so full I want to throw up. The weight that I have lost has been pretty easy and now its getting hard and im afraid that i wont succeed. Ive not been to zumba in over a month and a half and im eating like crazy. Its still small amounts for an adult and most definitely WAY less than i used to eat. Should I be drinking protein drinks? If so are there any that I can drink from Walmart? How much water are yall drinking? Help, please. I am desperate...I feel myself slipping back into old habbits and I dont want to go back to where ive been.Im so discouraged.

newyear_newme2013
on 1/14/13 9:44 am
First, congrats on all the weight you have lost. 125 pounds is an amazing accomplishment!
As for your current struggles.......
From what I have read from others, you need to get back to some basics. Measure you food and under eat your sleeve, don't go till you feel full...more you eat the more your sleeve will stretch. Keep track of what you are eating, watch your carbs and calories. Get back to exercising, if not Zumba again, find something you enjoy doing. The last thing I can remember from other posts is get tha****er in!! Drink! Drink! Drink!
Finally my added suggestion: continue to visit this board ready post and sharing your success and struggles with us.
JAlston
on 1/14/13 10:30 am
VSG on 12/07/12

Congrats on your success so far! I am only 5 weeks out but my advice would be for you to get back to your basics. Make sure you are making your protein and fluid goals daily. My surgeon says her most successful patients aim for 80 grams a day even though the minimum is 60 grams. She said that even her patients who are 5 years out are still using protein shakes to help them along. 

Premier Protein Chocolate shakes are my favorite ready to drink, they are so convenient and the best I have tasted. They are thin, not chalky or gritty. I look forward to drinking them. They are 160 calories, 30 grams of protein. Two of those a day and you are at the minimum. Premier is sold at Sam's and Costco and they are cheap! You can buy a 18 case for $25. 

Hold yourself accountable, like I said I am only 5 weeks out so everything is still new to me but I have started using the MyFitnessPal app/website and a lot of people here do. It really helps to see what you are eating daily and to help you make better decisions. I wanted Orange Juice so bad today just because I wanted something ELSE to drink. No way was I wasting 120 calories on an 8oz drink that offered nothing but empty calories, sugar and carbs. 

Good luck girl, you can do this. Rock that sleeve!

Jessica  

(HW: 305)  (SW: 271.9) (33.1 lbs lost prior to surgery) (MsJexi on MFP)

taracarter42
on 1/14/13 11:19 am

Protein shakes are a must especially when you find your weight loss slowing.  I LOVE Pro7tein with Sugar Free Jello pudding or with Sugar Free (SF) Torani syrup.

The drinks will help you stay with it.  Pinterest is a great resource to get your gears up and going once again.  If you are eating more and more,  it is most likely you are getting bored with either your life or your food! LOL  Mix things up, but have fun with it.  Toast some coconut and put it with SF Coconut Torani and greek yogurt.  If you start mixing things up, you will find yourself eating less because you are keeping the concept of what you are putting into your mouth at the forefront of your mind.

Don't get discouraged.  You can do this!  Just find the right resources.  Check out the blog "the World According to Eggface" she is FANTASTIC!!!

(deactivated member)
on 1/14/13 11:32 am

This is a really good post. It is important for everyone to understand that there are struggles. You are not alone. Everyone I know who has had VSG struggles on occasion. It is how each person deals with their personal struggles that is different.

First, your restriction and small stomach are still there. However, you are creeping up on a year out. You're 9 months out now and your stomach is fully healed. Yes, you can eat more. That is normal. We can't eat a TBS or two of food forever. I would consider the way and amount I eat now to be like that of a normal person. Maybe a bit less, but still within normal limits. I have really good "restriction". I eat 3 oz of protein, a 1/3 to 1/2 cup of veggies at both lunch and dinner. I eat two breakfasts (a protein drink at 7:15 and Greek yogurt at 10:00) and have a pre workout and post work out snack each day. Sound familiar? BUT, here's the big deal........

You still need to lose 100 pounds. It sounds to me as if you've allowed your sleeve to do most of the work for you up to this point and now you've hit your maintenance level. Here's what I'm going to recommend, because it is what worked for me when it was recommended to me. I needed to push to lose my last 10 pounds and this is what I did:

I upped my protein to almost 100 grams per day. For you I would suggest a minimum of 80 grams. I cut my carbs to fewer than 30 grams per day (this is VERY HARD if you've let the carbs back in, but for me it was a must), and increase my water to 100 oz per day and DO NOT INCREASE YOUR CALORIES TO ACCOMMODATE YOUR INCREASED PROTEIN. Keep those calories between 600 and 800 per day and as close to 600 as possible. I know this is hard core, but I can tell you, it will work! It has worked over and over again for so many of us.

You can do this. You need to start building some new habits to take you to goal and then on to your life maintaining your goal weight. You don't need to be desperate. You can come here and get the support you need. Just remember all day long that you can do this, food has no power over you and you can choose to make the right choices for your continued weight loss. You are worth every effort that you put into this. Don't give up on yourself. I want you to make your goal and so does everyone else here.

Now, go do it!

Mom2Noah
on 1/14/13 3:18 pm - Bakersfield, CA
VSG on 07/05/12
Kairk is right! To add to what has been said logging logging logging! Everything should be logged. You have to hold yourself accountable for what you eat. Stick to 3 meals and 2 light snacks. Grazing will up your calories and your carbs. I plan my whole day usually the night before or during my morning coffee. Measure everything. I dont like surprises but sometimes things happen. I have to have protein powder in my coffee every morning or I wont get my protein in for the day. Dense proteins keep you fuller longer. Pure protein from walmart is pretty good. I like the chocolate in that brand. Not too sweet like some. Dont be negative on yourself. You can lose that 100lbs. Wont be overnight but you can do it. Just use your tool to the maximum and go back to basics. Good luck hun !

Most Active