Liver Ultrasound?

BlossomD
on 1/14/13 11:52 am
VSG on 03/19/13

My sleep study, chest xray, blood work, ekg, psych eval has all been done and submitted to dr to final approval and then on too scheduling desk....BUT.  Now the Dr. wants an ultra sound of my liver becasue my liver levels were so high?  Is this typical?  I assume that it's because my liver is fatty but why the ultra sound?  I've never heard of someone having one.  I'm kind of worried. 

sassyne
on 1/14/13 12:18 pm - Antioch, TN

I'm an Ultrasound tech, and we do liver Ultrasounds for elevated enzymes all the time. It's just basically to make sure it's due to fatty liver, versus something else. Don't worry, nothing to it.

Renata2388
on 2/28/17 3:22 am

Will they still do the VSG if I have a fatty liver?

Deb_Star
on 1/14/13 1:17 pm

Maybe to help them tell if they think they'll be able to do the surgery laparoscopicly?  Just a guess.

zra
on 1/14/13 11:26 pm
VSG on 02/06/13 with

I had one because I had a history of elevated liver enzymes. I do have fatty liver, and it was large enough that it helped sway my decision for which surgery--I had been considering RNY, but the sleeve is an "easier" surgery fro those with giant livers. They also spotted gall stones during the ultra sound. That was useful information, and they will be removing my gall bladder during my surgery. Honestly, it doesn't hurt and could be very helpful. Good luck!

HW: 363  SW: 340  

BlossomD
on 1/15/13 2:47 am
VSG on 03/19/13

Thank you all for your responses.  kiss

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Expired Optifast Question