Need some vegetarian recipes

D K
on 1/18/13 1:42 am

this sounds awesome but i don't have eggs either. but i am definitely trying the recipe with an alternate.

Struggling with the new sleeve smiley

Kelly-AnneH
on 1/18/13 3:33 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
Are eggs not available or do ou not eat them by choice? (No judgement - just curious)

What foods are you willing/able to eat? I got really creative during my mushy/soft food stage. I'll see what I can come up with for you.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

D K
on 1/18/13 3:52 am
Actually I am a jain which is a religion in which we dont eat eggs or any non veg food so id say by choice and birth anything else like cottage cheese lentils or any fruits veggies boiled is what I am trying to gulp down! Id absolutely love ur help on something you can help me with. . Excited!

Struggling with the new sleeve smiley

Kelly-AnneH
on 1/18/13 12:43 pm - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
Hopefully this won't offend, but I took a few minutes to look up your religion to better understand your situation. I see that onions, garlic and likely root vegetables are also out.

I think, that if I was you, I'd relax a bit on carbs so as to be able to eat more beans and lentils for protein. It may slow your weight loss a little, but it certainly won't stop it as long as you keep your protein up and calories down.

I like to add curry and other spices to Greek yogurt and either eat it with a spoon or use it as a dip with vegetables. If you have apples available I like to cut one up and cook it in the microwave, then eat it with cottage cheese and cinnamon. Greek yogurt mixed with apple sauce is delicious and easy to eat.

Look at your current recipes for traditional bean or lentil dishes, and look for ways to reduce the fat, then use a program like myfitnesspal to figure out nutrients so you can eat appropriate portions. Small amounts of grain or dairy (milk, yogurt, cheese) will compliment the protein in the legumes.

Are you able to get tofu and do you like it? If so, I use tofu in stir fry and curries quite a lot. I find it similar to paneer in texture and it absorbs the flavour of the di****'s in.

If you go to this site: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.ca/2007/08/pureed-foods.html?m=1 and look for her ricotta bake, you can make it without the egg and it'll still taste really good. She has lots of other really worthwhile recipes as well - just plan on using tofu or Egg Replacer to replace any eggs.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 364 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 409 views