I told everyone... ooops maybe I jumped the gun

debiosbo
on 1/19/13 2:30 am, edited 1/19/13 3:03 am - WA
VSG on 02/06/13

OK... I decided to tell everyone about having WLS (the SLEEVE) now after all the appointments and classes are DONE I find out that Medicare is not yet covering the sleeve. They say soon... now I wonder how many people look at me and think it didn't work... I'm about to go crazy... my Drs office keeps saying they will call as soon as they hear the good news... I cant find where there making the decision for my state of Oregon .... on line any where,but can find it for other states that are now paying for the sleeve... time seams to have stopped for me and the depression is setting in....

Latse
on 1/19/13 2:33 am
VSG on 06/18/12

Is the sleeve the only surgical option you are willing to consider.  Don't get me wrong I love my sleeve most days, but if your true goal is to lose weight and become healthier don't hang all your hopes on one surgical option.

WI just started covering the sleeve before that your options were RNY or a Band.

Starting/Highest Weight 340, Surgery Weight 306,
Post op:
M1-20lb, M2-14, M3-15, M4-11, M5-10, M6-10, M7-8, M8-4, M9-4, M10-5

LindaDarnell B.
on 1/19/13 3:24 am
VSG on 08/07/12

First, If anyone asks , you can tell them it's a long pre-surgical process, and leave it like that...it's nobody's concern but yours. Second, even after you have the surgery you should still be very minimal as to who you tell. Normally, most people only really know about the results of RNY,and the sleeve is usually more gradual and steady. So if ur concerned about others reactions, then keep it to urself bc they may expect to see crazy results that aren't possible with any surgery!

My best friend was trying to become part of a pilot program that her job was offering, but only to a select few. She started telling everybody she was having the surgery before she was even accepted and approved. Needless to say, 2 years later she was never accepted, the program is closed, and she's embarrassed bc told everyone but it never happened. I had my date and approval for 6 months and still didn't tell many people until 2 weeks before. 5 1/2 months later, very few people know. When I asked about my weightloss, I just say I'm on a selective carb plan.

I know ur excited to share this life-changing news, but they will notice the ggradual results and that's news enough. Good luck!

~Regena from SC: /Surgery Weight 317/Highest Weight 321

Most Active