Reached my mental breakdown..

Micmac2
on 1/19/13 10:31 pm

So I am post op almost at 3 months now. Two weeks ago I finally started a regimented work out plan (No energy until this point).  So, I have been holding steady at the same weight now for one month. Yep. Up and down a lb or two then right back up.  I am so frustrated to see the same number everyday on the scale when I feel like I am holding true to my protein, my caloric intake, my water is the only thing I might be concerned about.  But I am addicted to coffee.  I drink atleast 4/5 cups a day then I drink 3-4 bottles of the sugar free diet lipton citrus tea bottles. So that all together would be my goal if not more. I am snacking when I should on cheese, protein.  I upped my protein in fact. So, let me have it.  Yes, inches wise I think I have lost some but not noticeable enough in a drop in clothes or anything.  Im just so frustrated!!! I even said the dreaded self hating words to myself this morning I have said for years and years, I give up.

This is that worthless feeling I always got and have been telling myself for the last week, just keep swimming, just keep swimming but today I want to not listen to my cheerleader self and punch her in the nose. bleh.

karismommy231
on 1/19/13 10:42 pm
VSG on 11/05/12
I was told caffeinated coffee doesnt count towards my water intake. With that said I don't think a lack of water or liquid intake affects weight. At least it hasnt for me.

You know the vets are going to ask you your daily caloric intake as well as carbs. So what are they? Under 40g carbs daily? Under 800 calories daily? Also what types of protein do you eat/drink? Could you give ys a typical daily menu u stick to?

With working out I follow the 20/20/20 plan that I got from Keith. Keeps your body guessing. Start with 10/10/10 then work your way up. Treadmill at 3.0 or higher then elliptical machine then bike (I do recombinant).

Hope that helps! So sorry to hear about your stall.

HW: 235, SW: 227, CW: 152.0, 83 lbs lost since 10/22/12 --Fear less, hope more, eat less, chew more, whine less, breathe more, talk less, say more, hate less, love more, and good things will be yours.

mary d
on 1/19/13 10:48 pm

less coffee, no sugar free drinks  more plain water

Lap Band 2006  

VSG 2008

Micmac2
on 1/19/13 10:58 pm

I have been religous to the Premier protein drinks.  I slam one in the morning no matter what. 30 grm protein.  Sometimes I have a cheese stick (low fat) for a snack and tuna for lunch.  I will have another protein drink around 4 (before dinner so I dont graze while cooking).  Then I usually eat my dinner (fish, turnips (or green beans, spinich,etc) or eat whatever protein they are having.  I would never say I go over 900-1000 calories a day.  I actually might under eat esp with working out I am trying to work on that by adding another drink. 

No sugar drinks and I usually do caffeine free coffee.  But would caffeine really make a difference?  Pre-op if I had caffeine drink I would be awake for hours, now I go to sleep the minute my head hits the bed no matter what I drink lol

mary d
on 1/19/13 11:16 pm

Coffee caffeine reseach is all over the place.  Sugar free drinks have preservatives which can cause water retention and slow down WL.

Lap Band 2006  

VSG 2008

Keith L.
on 1/19/13 11:31 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12
Water water water. I will almost guarantee you are training water. You need to drink more water at least 100 oz in addition to coffee and protein drinks.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Keith L.
on 1/19/13 11:36 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12
Also a big stall is normal at 3 months. Bu****er water water will break it.

Micmac2
on 1/19/13 11:57 pm

Okay, I knew about the 3 week but not the 3 month! that makes me feel a bit better! I will up my water for sure.. Thanks Keith. 

Micmac2
on 1/19/13 11:54 pm

Okay I am gulping it down today! Also I am curiuos as to the sodium in the lipton diet tea.  It is 80 mg per drink? Is there a limit we should watch for as far as drinks?

I am making waffles for the kids this morning and the little red devil had been poking me with his pitch fork hard.  I am holding back tears telling my husband how yet again I went up by a lb when I spent an hour doing just dance last night and wrote down all I ate yesterday.

Thank you everyone, I haven't posted in a awhile because I was listening to everything everyone else posts and saying I was going to get through this but this morning has been a pull out (falling out) your hair kinda morning. Sigh.

Keith L.
on 1/20/13 2:04 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

You probably don't have to worry about the sodium, you don't get a lot of it in your regular diet. You should worry about the artificial sweeteners, they can block weight loss or certainly slow it down. Just make sure you are getting much more regular water than you are drinks with artificial sweeteners. Not saying cut them out all together necessarily although that would not hurt, but keep them to a minimum. Try brewing your own tea. That would be better.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views