GASTRIC SLEEVE

Divadee_333
on 1/23/13 3:42 am
VSG on 12/26/12

Hello, I've had the gastric sleeve on 12/26 and have had ABSOLUTELY no complications!!  Is there anyone who has experienced this?

I am able to eat anything just in small portions... am I ok? i am kind of worried because I read about complications and people talking about what  they are not able to eat this and that. Well I can! I will need to start on a healthy diet because I need the pounds to start dropping.

The first 2 1/2 weeks I went from 177lbs to 159lbs. Now I am @ a stand still since I am no longer drinking liquids. IS this normal?

hollykim
on 1/23/13 3:49 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I was and am like this from the moment I was awake good post op,I have had no issues. I could /can drink all I want to and eat any food that I choose. Nothing has disagreed with me but scallops one time and I think then they were too dry.

It is normal to have a 3 week stall and stalls all along the way. it is just part of the deal. Stay on plan and they will break.

Divadee_333
on 1/23/13 3:55 am
VSG on 12/26/12

thank you so much, I thought maybe I was doing something wrong or have stretch my stomach too early. I go back for my clearance appt on 1/31.. maybe i will ask for another xray to make sure my stomach is ok. So the diet for me has not been so great, I will start to do right.  protein shakes and more meats instead of eating what i want. Thanks for your help!! i feel better now.

hollykim
on 1/23/13 4:47 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

Yep,whole new ballgame. One of my favorite sayings is " If you do what you have always done,you will get what you have always gotten." So eating what you want,like you have always done,is going to keep you fat.

GL

Divadee_333
on 1/23/13 5:10 am
VSG on 12/26/12

thanks, I agree!! 100 %

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 277 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op