I feel ive given up

lookingforhelp123
on 2/1/13 5:30 am

I feel I've given up. My sleeve was done on 1-15-13 so I'm just a few weeks out and I've just gotten very depressed, I cry all the time, I'm having a hard time adjusting to the food ( making one thing for my family to eat and another  for me) I don't really feel like eating during the day, but at night it gets really hard.  I cry a lot about the feeling going on in my belly the sounds the Never feeling satisfied or full. Just pain when i get to just about 1 1/2 - 2 oz of food i get lots of chest pain so that's when i stop eating I never feel satisfied. I regret getting my sleeve done and even have feelings of hate towards people that walk in to fast food and enjoy there food, why could i not have been like that, why did i have to be big and have joint and health problems, why cant i be the size i want and enjoy food like all them people.

None of my friends know i had surgery and only a few people in  my family I feel embarrassed that i had to go to this length to be healthy

I don't know what to do anymore

SuzyNZ
on 2/1/13 5:45 am
VSG on 09/17/12
It's normal to feel emotional after surgery. Your body is releasing a lot of hormones as your fat breaks down. I used to cry over the silliest things.

You will be able to eat many of the same things as your family later on, just in smaller portions. This part of the process is short in the grand scheme of our decision to change our long term relationship with food and eating.

You won't feel anything at this point because all your nerves have been cut in your stomach. You will feel it a bit further out, but your purpose for eating shouldn't ever be to feel full. Being satisfied after a little bit is your new normal. You need to think about food as just fuel, not to satisfy something emotionally.

But I think it would be good for you to talk to a therapist to talk through some of these feelings you are having that centre around food. Everyone has their reasons for being an over eater in the past and sometimes its helpful to talk to someone about them. Can your surgical team recommend one for you?

Suzy wink (Age: 41, Height: 6'1,  SW: 169.4kg/372lb.  CW: 80.5kg/177lb.  Total lost: 88.9kg/195lbs)

Nancybefree
on 2/1/13 5:47 am
VSG on 11/21/12

Hi, hon --

You're only 2.5 weeks out, and that can be a very tough time.  The emotions are very strong, and adjusting to eating and drinking can be real work and very difficult.

It does get better!  Your emotions should ease as time goes by.  As you progress in your food plan, and as your sleeve heals and matures, your choices will be more abundant, and the discomfort will ease if you are doing what you are supposed to do. 

My best advice, being a newbie still myself, is to stick with your plan and focus on getting your proteins and fluids in.  That helps your sleeve heal so it can be that valuable tool to help you eat well and feel better.  Rather than being miserable about how you feel right now and what you can't do, try to focus on your future and what you WILL be able to do as your excess weight comes off.  You are what you are, and you have gone through what you've gone through for a reason. 

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

Aaustin89
on 2/1/13 5:51 am - Grand prairie, TX
Im 3 months out.... i still cry sometimes... totally normal
Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 2/1/13 5:54 am
VSG on 10/09/12
You made a fantastic, courageous, brave and enlightened decision to get your health and life back. You are awesome. Period.

Now follow through!!! Stick to plan and learn to work your tool and pretty soon you are going to be another sleeve rock star! Big girl panties on. Check! Water bottle in hand. Check! Go for a nice soothing walk. You can do this. You must do this!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Nadurra Deb
on 2/1/13 5:55 am - CO
VSG on 08/06/12

I promise you this is a lot about hormones messing with your head. That first few weeks is really hard in so many ways because you are adjusting to so many changes. One thing about the sleeve is that you can't give up...at least not at 2.5 weeks out...and that is a good thing. You may have regrets now...we all doubted that decision at some point...but when everything settles down and you see the results, you do a 180 and see how far you have come and what the sleeve has done for you.

Hang in there for now. Drink as much water as you can to flush those hormones out of your system. We carry so many hormones in our fat and when we are losing weight rapidly those hormones wash through our system and mess with SO many things.

One day at a time...HUGS!

:) Deb

Debbie          

YouTube WLS Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NadurraDeb

lookingforhelp123
on 2/1/13 5:58 am

Thank you , I guess that's why i joined here I really have no one to talk to, Doctors only work so many hours in a day. 

The Doctor i wont though has a  therapist , dietician, and trainer on staff. I called this morning and left messages no returned calls yet.

Ill keep trying to push day to day and work though things day by day, its really hard not having people to talk to

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 2/1/13 6:00 am
VSG on 10/09/12
We are here for you. Talk to us!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

lookingforhelp123
on 2/1/13 6:05 am

Thank you all so much

Nancybefree
on 2/1/13 6:14 am
VSG on 11/21/12

Posting about your experiences and how you deal with them will help others here.  Hang in there!

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 163 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 439 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 458 views