Three months out & can't keep food down!

jsunflower2001
on 2/12/13 1:19 am - Solon, OH
VSG on 12/11/12

HI all I am three months out and cant keep anything down! The doctor said he would do a scope if needed I was feeling better but yet again I am back to where I was a week ago! The nut told me to stay on pureed foods but I don't want to live on pureed foods all the time!

“There are only two options regarding commitment; you’re either in or you’re out. There’s no such thing as life in-between.? ~Pat Riley

novascotiadawn
on 2/12/13 1:32 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I'd go scope!!! Or are you taking one or two bites to many and it makes you vomit! May sound *****y, but, being honest!

Hope you're feeing better!

Hugs

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

mnmommaof2
on 2/12/13 1:33 am
VSG on 11/23/12

I would go for the scope.  Unless your eating too fast/too much or not chewing well things should stay down.  At least  then you would know that medically everything is ok.

Highest weight 279.8

Surgery weight 268 

danixbanani
on 2/12/13 2:30 am - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

Def. get a scope.  My friend is going through the same thing with her sleeve right now and they are talking about strictures!

band to sleeve revision and loving life!

You do you, and I'll do me

Rita M.
on 2/12/13 2:54 am - Webster, MA

Hi there,

well time to take a step back and evaluate. What are you eating? How much are you eating? Is the food according to your plan? Is it too much fat or to dense? And so on..........

are you drinking before or after meals instead of waiting 30 min before and after? I think you should get a scope done too but first you need to really pay attention to what you eat and how you eat. I know it will get better. Hang in there.

Hugs,

Rita

ckpointchickie
on 2/12/13 10:13 am - IN
VSG on 11/20/12

Please get the scope...you DO NOT want to end up malnourished and dehydrated.  I found myself in that situation about three weeks after surgery.  I waited too long and then ended up finding out that I had stricture.  They dilated me but it was already too late.

After a week's stay in the hospital and another week of home health care, I finally was back on track. I could have avoided the hospital and home health care if I would have asked for help more quickly. 

KnitsByMama
on 2/12/13 11:58 am - MO
VSG on 10/16/12

Same exact thing happened to me. It was my gallbladder. Couldn't keep anything down, but didn't have any pain so I was oblivious. HIDA scan & ultrasound showed my gallbladder to only be functioning at 3%. Now, at a month after my gallbladder removal I am doing SO much better. No nausea, no dry heaving and I can finally eat like a normal VSGer!

jsunflower2001
on 2/12/13 1:27 pm - Solon, OH
VSG on 12/11/12
Yes there have been times I ate to fast or didn't chew good but what I'm feeling isn't like that! Wow trying to self diagnosis is hard! Hopefully we know this week!
“There are only two options regarding commitment; you’re either in or you’re out. There’s no such thing as life in-between.? ~Pat Riley

thinnersinner
on 2/13/13 11:13 am

If it was me, I would do the scope.  I've had about four, although they were prior to surgery, and it was very painless.  They gave me some amazing drugs and I didn't even remember it one bit.  I woke up and felt like a million bucks within minutes...just a little sleepy.  Hope you figure out what's going on.  Love your Pat Riley quote too!

jsunflower2001
on 2/13/13 12:22 pm - Solon, OH
VSG on 12/11/12
Thanks for sharing with me! As of now my surgeon wants me on pureed foods for a week and if I'm not better then I'm to call him!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 400 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 427 views