Purée stage?

Lindsey72386
on 2/16/13 5:10 am - IN
  • Has anyone skipped the purée stage or any other stages? I tried purée foods and it made me feel horrible so I risked it and went to soft foods and I can't even begin to explain how amazing I feel! My energy is thru the roof and overall I'm just happy! However, my family is concerned that I'm moving forward to fast and yes for some reason they are terrified I'm go into stretch my stomach out BUT I know I'm not bc I can only had a few bites and I walk away but it takes me awhile to eat those few bites bc I take it slow. Any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated!!

JenniferRN
on 2/16/13 6:33 am - NJ
VSG on 01/22/13 with
I'm in the puréed stage. I eat scrambled egg beaters, lots of soups, cottage cheese, yogurt, softened Cheerios, laughing cow soft cheese wedges, puréed fruits and veggies, puréed chicken and very soft fish that I chewed a lot n
Before swallowing. I'm so glad to be off full liquids that I have embraced the puréed stage. Just be careful, we r still healing.
Jen
PrettyEyes_41
on 2/16/13 6:39 am - MS
VSG on 06/12/12

Be very careful! It takes 6-8 weeks for the stomach to heal completely. My puree stage included things like corned beef hash or roast beef hash where the meat was pureed but I just had to mash the little potatoes. Underwood makes good ham, chicken and beef spreads that are tolerable. I just added a mashed boiled egg yolk, a little light miracle whip and a splash of pickle relish juice to simulate a ham salad or chicken salad. A few bites is all you need at a time but they're good protein. By soft foods what exactly are you talking about? Scrambled eggs, thin oatmeal, sf pudding, light yogurt (without fruit bits), strained creamed soups, mashed potatoes - all this was on my puree stage.

Gale     Age: 55, Height: 5' 5.5", HW: 236, SW: 210, 1st GW: 150.  Surgery BMI: 39.3  Extremely HBP, High Cholesterol & borderline diabetic.      

pineview01
on 2/16/13 12:16 pm - Davison, MI

Thanks for this post!  I am on puree and didn't think about the underwood products. The rest have been going down good.  Will be getting them tomorrow.  I was so happy to hit this stage after liquid.  I felt like going ahead but, I am to afraid of hurting my unhealed tummy to pu****

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Pattoncy
on 2/16/13 11:37 am
I'm kinda doing a modified puree diet. Everything I put in my mouth, I chew, chew , chew until it feels as if it was pureed. I find its more enjoyable that way. I am worried about hurting my sleeve though But I just can't see the difference. Now .. meat I will puree because it takes forever to chew into that consistency.... but everything else I just chew.
JAlston
on 2/16/13 1:01 pm
VSG on 12/07/12

I dont think anyone would advise you to skip ahead because your surgeon has a plan set for a reason. Its all part of the healing process. However, that being said...I absolutely could not stomach the thought of putting pureed meats into my mouth. I made them, they just actually never made it into my mouth. LOL I would eat turkey/chicken meatballs and chew them to death before swallowing. I am 10 weeks out and no longer have any food restrictions but I can not feel restriction yet either (I am guessing this is a blessing), I still eat based on what my sample schedule says I should be. 2 oz of protein, 1-2 tbls of veggies. 

Jessica  

(HW: 305)  (SW: 271.9) (33.1 lbs lost prior to surgery) (MsJexi on MFP)

joann P.
on 2/17/13 12:21 am

Has anyone had problems keeping things down? I am 5 weeks and three days out and I still throw up all the time.  I try food and it doesn' t stay down.  I just had a protein shake and it came up. I would die to have some pureed food.  Once you eat do you have to wait 2 hours before drinking anything? If anyone has any advice that would be helpful.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 295 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 344 views