One Month Post Update WITH PICS

ArmyWife29
on 2/23/13 2:44 am - GA

Start weight was 219.4, and today at exactly one day past the one month mark my weight was 190.8.  I am sooo motivated to see an 8 on that scale!  I'm hoping tomorrow or Monday will be the day.  My first mini goal was 193lbs. which was my pre-pregnancy weight.  I track every single bite on MFP and have amassed an amazing support system on there (WildCat, Selenan, Seaco, & Meljac...i'm looking at you!).  As a lightweight I really had no expectation of losing so much the first month, but I really attribute my success so far to tracking diligently and getting at least 60 grams of protein a day.  My next mini goal is 183, which was my weight on my wedding day!  From there...173 which is my husband's weight =)  I'm still learning when to realize that my tummy is full, but i am getting more proficient at this every day.  I measure my food into small portioned containers which seems to help a lot, and i plan my daily menu the night before.  If i don't leave any room for "choices" in the day I stay on track much better.  I'm still working on upping the water but I always get at least 64oz a day.  I bought a plastic 32oz bottle which i use every day, and i try to empty it for the first time by 1pm....which gives me the whole rest of the day to empty it a second time.  My measurements have changed a LOT!  I was so shocked/surprised when we re-took them today.  Here are my stats.

Pre-op:                             One Month Post Op

Left Thigh:     27"                                       24.5"

Hips:              46.5"                                    44.5"

Waist:             45.5"                                   40.5"

Bust:               46.5"                                    44.5"

Left Arm:         16.25"                                 13.0"   (wow!)

for a total loss so far of 14.25"  I'm already down from a very snug size 18 to a LOOSE and must wear a belt to keep them up 16.  And from an XXL shirt to an XL,  My bras are also now on their tightest setting.  The sports bra in the photos above are the exact same bra, just a different color.

Thank you to everyone for all of the support.  I log onto OH several times a day and learn something new each and every time.  I plan to continue following the vets advice during the rapid weight loss phase.  I'm also at the gym 5 times per week and have been focusing on cardio until this week when i started my lifting program (although i am restricted to lifting less than 10 lbs for another 2 weeks...which is fine by me!)  I follow the New Rules of Lifting for Women and highly recommend it for anyone who is relatively new to the gym.  It will help keep you from wandering aimlessly around the free weights section.  I find I do best with a lot of STRUCTURE, both in my eating and workout plans.  I'm just not good at "winging it" and feel that is probably got me so overweight to begin with.  But i'm really confident having a set plan/menu to follow.  I can't wait to update next month!

Ht 5'4HW 232  GW 138

claimmaster
on 2/23/13 2:54 am - OK
VSG on 07/05/13

Holy crap woman, you are doing awesome!  You're built like I am, only I weigh about 100 pounds more than you do.  Surgery in July.  Can't wait!

ArmyWife29
on 2/23/13 2:56 am - GA

Thank you so much clain!  I can't wait to see your progress updates post op!

Ht 5'4HW 232  GW 138

jenn227
on 2/23/13 3:09 am - NJ
VSG on 03/26/13

Wow!  So amazing!!!

Jenn   Highest weight: 278. Starting weight: 275. Surgery weight: 253. Month 1: 25 lbs. Month 2: 8.8 lbs. Month 3: 12.6 lbs. Month 4: 7 lbs. Onederland 7/29/2013. Month 5: 7 lbs. Month 6: 5 lbs. Months 7-9: self-induced maintenance, then 5 lb gain.

Moniquea97
on 2/23/13 3:14 am

You look great!  Our beginning stats are very similar..I am currently at 228 and will get down to 220 by my surgery date 3/7. I will be happy to be at 200 pds  at the first month but 190 would be awesome.  Our height is also the same.  Using MFP has helped me so much, when did you start working out after surgery?  If you like you can add me to MFP -MoniqueA13. Congrats on your success...make room for me on the loser's bench!

ArmyWife29
on 2/23/13 3:22 am - GA

Hey Monique!  I will definitely add you to mfp!  I started working out at 2 weeks post op doing low impact cardio at the gym.  This was in my surgeons plan.  I walked at 15 minute warm up on the treadmill, and then did the arc trainer (my favorite machine!) for 15-20 minutes on level 1.  I am now doing 45 minutes on the arc trainer at level two and my treadmill warmup is done at an incline 2.5.  I can start a little higher impact cardio this week and will most likely incorporate couch 2 5k and spinning on my cardio days.

Rubielee
on 2/23/13 3:17 am - OR
VSG on 02/14/13

You look fantastic!!  I'm so happy for you, you are rockin that sleeve!!angry

gorditabonita
on 2/23/13 4:52 am - Springfield, VA
VSG on 01/23/13 with

You have done a FANTASTIC job! Wow! I am one-month out too and down 31 pounds. MFP is my new best friend. I use it constantly. I just sent you a friend request. :)

MomofMarch
on 2/23/13 5:16 am - GA

Great job lady! I'm very proud of you!

Laura- HW:240  SW: 224  GW:165 Surgery date 12/10/12

Winning the battle against obesity and PCOS!

busboss1
on 2/23/13 5:31 am
VSG on 12/18/12

You look fantastic! Way to go! I bet you feel great and you should!

Starting weight-244.4   Currently-145.2   Surgeon goal-150   My own goal-140        

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views