What to eat

kimmiegirl411
on 3/3/13 8:40 am - FL
VSG on 02/25/13

I'm 6 days post op and having trouble with pureed stage don't know if I'm getting enough protein .how is everyone else doing in this stage

JAlston
on 3/3/13 9:37 am
VSG on 12/07/12

I am 12 weeks post op but during that stage I ate ricotta bake (from theworldaccordingtoeggface) and cottage cheese. You really need to get your protein goals from shakes just because you are still healing. I also was allowed chicken/tuna/egg salad (pureed) as well but pureed chicken grossed me out. Fat free refried beans and greek yogurt weren't bad either.

I drink Unjury chicken soup and chocolate splendor (powders) 21 grams of protein and Premier protein chocolate (ready to drink) 30 grams of protein.

Good luck!

Jessica  

(HW: 305)  (SW: 271.9) (33.1 lbs lost prior to surgery) (MsJexi on MFP)

FutureHopes
on 3/3/13 10:33 am - Minneapolis, MN

im 9 days post op and im not allowed purees until 3 weeks post op, i would kill for some real food. ive been on liquids since valentines day

Cant wait to take my after picture

2/22 My new beginning

Add me on MFP: Going2w1n

Cheryl M.
on 3/3/13 11:48 pm

I barely hit purees and my surgery was 2/11.  Just goes to show how every doctor is different.

This is what made a huge difference for me protein wise.  There are several fruit flavors, but it's a liquid drink that gives 15g of protein per 6 oz of liquid.  http://store.americanbariatrics.org/Fruit_Drinks_s/27.htm  Now that I'm able to have purees I also use Isopure unflavored protein powder in unsweetened applesauce or fat free cream of chicken soup.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 76 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 281 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 335 views