New to forum

Connie S.
on 3/6/13 12:50 am - CA
VSG on 03/04/13
Hello to all of you who have been so unknowingly helpful to me for the last few months! Today I am officially no longer lurking. I had vsg on Monday, 3/5/13 and have decided today that I am going to live. Came home last night with terrible left sided belly pain, so bad that I had trouble moving, but today it is not nearly as bad, although still there. I have had about 16 ounces of water in the last 3 hours and plan to try some protein soon. You have all helped me so much as I prepared for surgery, and I know you will continue to be great sources of knowledge and support as I continue this journey. Thanks for leading the way!
Jls8877
on 3/6/13 1:29 am
Congratulations! Welcome to OH!
foolishgrrl_1
on 3/6/13 1:39 am
VSG on 03/11/13

Congrats and wishes for a speedy recovery!

BlossomD
on 3/6/13 2:08 am
VSG on 03/19/13

hello!  I agree that I've gotten excellent education while lurking the last few months.  I started my pre-op fast today and surger is on the 19th. 

Wow! surgery was yesterday.....hope you feel better each day and well wishes to you. 

3/6/13: Started 2 week pre-op fast for surgery: Lost 11 pounds

3/19:  Surgery

Jackie T.
on 3/6/13 2:16 am - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

Congratulations and welcome!

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

luvlvnlyfe5
on 3/6/13 3:49 am
Congrats! I'm looking forward to mine as well. I don't have a date yet just waiting on insurance approval! Good luck on your journey.
butterfly3851
on 3/6/13 3:58 am - TX

Congratulations!  I'm on my 2nd week post-op so I'm here to tell you it gets better every day.

I used a heating pad the first couple of days home.  I also drank Isopure (40 grams of protein) each day - like a gatorade plus protein - not great but doable.  I liked the grape and green flavors the best.  Also the Unjury Chicken Broth....

Just try to walk around the house every hour - it helps with the pain!!

Connie S.
on 3/6/13 6:38 am - CA
VSG on 03/04/13
Thanks for your kind replies and encouragement. As the day goes on, I am feeling better. No pain meds since a half dose early this morning and I have successfully had 27 grams of protein via unjuery with soy milk, and an additional 30 ounces of water. I can see that I will be able to do this and am getting excited.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views