6 lbs

forthetwins
on 3/7/13 5:36 am - CA

Hi All,

I am having a hard time loosing the 6 pounds my surgeon wants me to loose just to see that I am "dedicated" before he submits for insurance approval. I understand that I will need to loose even more weight before surgery to shrink my liver. I also know I will be on a liquid diet at that time. I have a hard time doing it just to show him I'm "dedicated". I know it isn't much - and I',m sure I can do it. I guess I just take offence to him questioning my dedication. 

The worst part of this is that I was approved for surgery and had a date of January 9th 2012 - my husband lost his job and our insurance in December. We couldn't afford the COBRA. I got a new job, new insurance and found a new surgeon and I have to go through everything again. I feel like I'm even more dedicated to have to jump through all the hoops twice! Is the six pounds really going to prove my dedication! They should be submitting my file to insurance very soon. I don't want to screw it up by not loosing fast enough. Cross your fingers for me. 

Thanks for letting me vent

~nikki

Jackie T.
on 3/7/13 6:03 am - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

Good Luck!  Drink lots of water, lay off the carbs and eat more protein.

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

Deckeriv
on 3/7/13 7:31 am - TX
VSG on 03/26/13

If it's just to submit a form, take a water pill. Surgeons...premadonnas with all their differing rules.

800 calories and less than 20 net carbs is the shizzle

SeaGirl
on 3/7/13 8:28 am
VSG on 02/01/13

Annoying for sure, but it will be good practice for the post-op diet discipline and a good chance to bond with protein!  If you cut out sugar and carbs, you'll lose 6 pounds in no time!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 73 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 273 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views