Hospital Stay?

Diana E.
on 3/10/13 10:35 am
VSG on 03/27/13

Hi, I'm new.  I am scheduled for VSG on the 27th of this month.

Is there anything I should bring or do to help make my hospital stay more pleasant?

Sorry if this is a common question found elsewhere.

vsgme2013
on 3/10/13 2:48 pm

I haven't had my VSG yet but from what I have read and see consistently is chap stick. 

VSG on 6/12/2013.  Surgery weight 251 lbs. 

MacMadame
on 3/10/13 3:04 pm - Northern, CA
On March 10, 2013 at 9:48 PM Pacific Time, vsgme2013 wrote:

I haven't had my VSG yet but from what I have read and see consistently is chap stick. 

Haha, I was going to say Chapstick!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

LilSleeved
on 3/10/13 5:13 pm

your own toothbrush and paste and shampoo and conditioner - I hate the hospital grade stuff.

comb or brush

the plug for your phone to charge it -

a laptop or kindle HD to keep in touch with family online.

they supplied my slippers and I am fine with their gowns - I just wear two, one in front and one in back.

Lost 271lbs with my LapBand in 22 months!  My Band malfunctioned and I gained almost 42lbs and then revised to the Sleeve 9/24/12!  I lost another 140 lbs with my Sleeve!  Loved the LapBand and Lovin' The Sleeve!

sierrabrooke1
on 3/10/13 10:25 pm

Yeah, Chap stick will be your best friend right after surgery since you can't drink or eat anything,

Extra pillow from home for your stomach cause when you want to get up, your stomach will hurt so if you put a pillow on it when you get up.

toothbrush, phone charger,

camera ! TAKE PICTURES. for memories and to look back after you lose the weight (:

theres not much things you need to stay, it's only 2 nights. but if theres any completions for anyone that's a longer stay.

BECAUSE, my fiancee' is in her VSG right now, i'm waiting in the waiting room for her

SophieNJ
on 3/10/13 11:03 pm - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

i brought my own cute slippers to make me feel good...toothbrush/paste.....ipod....comb...chapstick....fresh underwear...and small package of baby wipes to refresh my face and hands.  was only 1 night, so no shower/hair stuff needed.   also my own sobakawa (buckwheat) pillow due to neck issues.....best of luck to you!!

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 244 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 312 views