Being brave

stacycs
on 3/14/13 12:53 am
VSG on 02/27/13

I am about to do something I've never done before.  I love to travel and have been on several cruises, but always to cool weather places.  I am very uncomfortable in the heat and never wanted to wear warm weather clothes either.

However, my birthday is in Oct.  By then I will be about 7 weeks out from my sleeve.  I am about to book a cruise through the Panama Canal with stops in other very warm places.  It will be 80 degrees!!!  I'll have to wear shorts and a swimsuit.   Well, first I'll have to buy them.

I'm really getting excited about being able to do something I've never been able to do before.  I love my sleeve already, and its only 16 days old!!!!

Shagdoll
on 3/14/13 1:18 am

A lot of us get cold after having surgery, even before most of the weight comes off.  You might be surprised how comfortable you will be in 80 degree weather.  80 degrees feels great to me now and I used to dread summers & the heat.  For the first time in my life now, I am enjoying my summers.

Congrats on being sleeved!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

zra
on 3/14/13 1:20 am
VSG on 02/06/13 with

Very exciting! Have a fantastic trip!

HW: 363  SW: 340  

mickeymantle
on 3/14/13 2:05 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

don't know about a cruise 7 weeks out, depending on your plan you may still be on pureed or soft food, guess you can bring a blender along with you, I would wait till new years if I was you

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

claimmaster
on 3/14/13 9:28 am - OK
VSG on 07/05/13

She meant 7 months out.

Chris A.
on 3/14/13 9:33 am - Colfax, CA
VSG on 11/20/12

Awesome. I haven't been to Panama, but have been to Mexico on the Yucatan several times. The people were wonderful and the food awesome. I would look forward to a trip like that even post WLS. The fresh seafood was great and portion sizes tended to be much more realistic in the places I visited in Mexico. Plus foods were fresh and wholesome as opposed to being highly processed as we often find here. I hope you have a great time.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views