The good, bad & the ugly 2 month post op meeting

Tammy S.
on 3/14/13 7:02 am - Chandler, AZ
VSG on 01/14/13 with

I had my 2 month follow up appointment today. They were very happy with my weight loss & said I was doing everything right, then the NUT comes in & tells me I should be eating 3 meals 2oz of protein 1/4 cup veggies with each meal. Currently I'm lucky if I can finished my 1.5 gm of protein per meal.  She gives me a new plan to increase my meals to 3 oz protein & 1/4 cup veggies & want me there by my 6 month appointment. I'm very confused, I thought the goal was to eat until satisfied & to focus on protein ! Please tell me do I have it all wrong​? should I just continue with what's working. FYI all my labs came back perfect, I'm following the 600-800 cal, 70 gm of protein & water >64 oz.

5'2, HW 297, SW 274, CW 124, GW 137 (goal reached 2/17/14)  

nmrudge
on 3/14/13 7:39 am - IL
VSG on 12/10/12

I'm not a doctor or Nut, so I won't tell you to stray from their plan.  What I will tell you, is that I use my Nut's plan as a guideline.  Not as a hard fast rule.  The reason I say that is because they cannot possibly development a plan that works the same for everyone.  What works for me may not work for you.  So when my Nut told me she wanted my calories to increase to between 800-1000, I said ok.  Do I try and eat that many calories a day, no I don't.  I do however try and reach 800.  So the next time I meet with her, I can honestly say I'm trying to reach her caloric goals. So my opinion would be to not change what is working but use her portions as just a guideline. 

Edit Delete

emelar
on 3/14/13 7:48 am - TX

Don't force the amounts.  If you're comfortable with your total intake, and you're hitting your protein goals, and your labs are good - then you must be doing something right!  Your capacity will increase over time, and one day you may hit your NUT's guidelines, but don't stress about it.

Tammy S.
on 3/14/13 7:59 am - Chandler, AZ
VSG on 01/14/13 with

Thx for the great advice, that's what I was thinking too! 

5'2, HW 297, SW 274, CW 124, GW 137 (goal reached 2/17/14)  

Deckeriv
on 3/14/13 8:51 am - TX
VSG on 03/26/13

Exactly what could she do if you don't follow her instructions exactly? Take back the surgery?

800 calories and less than 20 net carbs is the shizzle

A. Kondrlik
on 3/14/13 8:57 am
VSG on 01/24/13

I am right there with you, I have my 2 month appointment with my nut next week and I am certain she will tell me the same thing.  Except I think she will want me to start carbs also.  I have been eating 1 1/2 to 2 oz protein at the most.  

Today is the first day  I will reach 70 gms protein without a protein shake.  So I am pretty pleased about that.

I am pleased with my weight loss and in general how everything is going.

I have actually had a few bites of nonstarchy vegetables, but honestly there is no room.

HW 259    GW 145    CW 140.2  Not finished yet?   

Chris A.
on 3/14/13 9:37 am - Colfax, CA
VSG on 11/20/12

I agree with what the others have said. At my 2 month I was told I was losing too fast. As I pressed my program on this, I came to find this was when compared against the average participant of my program. As I have explored further, each surgeon's (and nut;'s) program seems to vary. As others have said, you must determine what will work best for you.

SuzyNZ
on 3/14/13 3:34 pm
VSG on 09/17/12
Don't stress it too much. I can't eat the amount of food on my NUTs plan either and she's fine with that. Im 6 months out and can still only eat 2oz of protein and not much else.

Sometimes I have to have something higher in calories (such as some nuts etc) if my energy gets low, but Im doing just fine on my "have to under-eat my plan coz can't fit it in" plan

Suzy wink (Age: 41, Height: 6'1,  SW: 169.4kg/372lb.  CW: 80.5kg/177lb.  Total lost: 88.9kg/195lbs)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 87 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 300 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 347 views