What are your thoughts on mood and weight loss?

christib1975
on 3/16/13 2:02 am - KS
VSG on 03/04/13

Now, I've only been sleeved since March 4th, but I find that I have been in the BEST mood for the past week or so...I know some has to do with getting on the scale and seeing a smaller number each time I weigh in, however, I can't help but think there is something "more" to it...

I've heard people say that they are emotional due to hormone releasing from fat during the early weight loss phase...but could the opposite happen? Could those same hormones make you happier, more playful, better?

What are your thoughts and experiences? 

HW: 324  CW: 201.4

fat2fit2012
on 3/16/13 2:36 am - FL
VSG on 03/05/13

I'm not sure if there is a scientific reason for this, but I feel that way also.  It may be the fact that we stepped-up and changed our life, we are losing weight, we are feeling better and we know that this time is different.  Having hope can make all the difference in your mood.  I don't know about you, but I felt hopeless about my weight before this.  I remembering having similar moods when I did Medifast for 3 months and I lost 37 pounds, but then it got impossible for me to maintain that diet because I was always starving and my mood went back to hopeless.  

~Fat2Fit2012                    

Pre-Op Weight- 234 | Surgery Weight- 222.2 | Current Weight- 175.5 | Goal Weight- 130

Deckeriv
on 3/16/13 2:45 am - TX
VSG on 03/26/13

Just my opinion, but getting enough water, protein, and vitamins will make you feel so much better. How often in your life did you have it managed as well as it's been in the past few months? Not to mention that the stress of being the fat person has a foreseeable horizon for disappearing. Can't help but feel better.

800 calories and less than 20 net carbs is the shizzle

angelladyclaire
on 3/16/13 10:14 am - MO

I have had quite the opposite problem! I have been a crab apple since surgery.  I snap over the smallest things. I find myself apologizing to my DH and children daily for biting their heads off! I have heard of other people having similar emotional reactions and relating it to the release of hormones from burning stored fat. I guess it affects all of us differently. I feel great when I step on the scale, but outside of tha****ch out! 

HW: 283   SW: 262  Height: 5'4''  Surgery:​ 2/13/13

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views