My surgeon found something during surgery

buzybee7
on 3/16/13 11:42 am - Oak Park Heights, MN
VSG on 03/14/13

While my surgeon was starting my Sleeve surgery he happened to find a non-cancerous adenoma on my spleen.  He said it was safe to continue with surgery so I did get my sleeve but he wants me to have a CT scan after I heal so we can figure out what to do with it.  I may need to have another surgery.  My doctor took pictures of the adenoma and of the sleeve surgery.  Did anyone else get pictures from their surgery? 

~*~Shaunee~*~ 

Height: 5' 7"  Heaviest Weight: 330  Starting Weight: 306  Surgery Weight:  267  Goal Weight:  135

a_gritters
on 3/16/13 11:58 am
VSG on 03/19/13

Sorry to hear they found the "extra" during surgery but thankfully they did and now you are aware of it.  Hope things are going well thus far.  I have my surgery Tuesday... I would LOVE it if my surgeon gave me pix.

HW 315; Surgery Date 3/19/13, SW 300.5;  PreOp: 14.9, W1-4: 21.2, W5-8: 15, W9-12: 13.4, W13-16:

Tnull
on 3/16/13 12:24 pm

Sounds like your surgeon is on top of things, looking out for your overall good health.  Hoping for your speedy recovery!

SandyRi
on 3/16/13 1:51 pm - WA
VSG on 03/04/13

I saw pics at my one week checkup.  I thought it was cool.  If you have a strong stomach (ha - pun intended) - you can find videos of the surgery online.  It's both gross and fascinating at the same time.  Though I have to say - I'm kinda glad I didn'****ch the video until AFTER my surgery! :)

Surgery date:  03/04/2013

bob-h
on 3/16/13 9:38 pm - Bad Axe, MI
VSG on 10/09/12

Wishing you the best with your spleen. My surgeon actually brought  my excised stomach to the waiting room to show my wife. You can see the pic in my profile. He also gave me the video of my surgery. Bob

Failure  IS NOT  an Option                  

SophieNJ
on 3/16/13 11:31 pm - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

I got pix....seems my liver was not looking good.... it's called n.a.s.h......fatty, with inflammation,and damage.  good news is, losing weight is what one does about it!  plus, keeping an eye on liver functions.  never would have known I had it ****il too late) had I not had the surgery. 

so while it's not wonderful to find out you have the adenoma, at least it's known, and can be dealt with....better to know about it, right?? 

best of luck to you, heal quickly!

JerseyGirl_1213
on 3/17/13 12:25 am

Sorry to hear about your spleen...hopefully the fix for that will be easy!  Good that you know about it though.

I did get pictures from the surgeon.

Good luck to you!

swampbaby
on 3/17/13 6:25 am
VSG on 02/20/13

My surgeon gave my husband a flash drive with video of the surgery when he was done.  Very interesting to watch.  I knew my surgeon was going to remove 80-85% of my stomach, but to actually see it, and see what I'm left with is very...wow not sure of the right words are.  I've watched videos of the surgery on YouTube, but when it was my own body it was different.  It is kind of gruesome to see my removed stomach pulled away and laying there before they pulled it out.  I will use my video as inspiration when I want to fall of plan.  It will be useful in reminding myself what I went through and therefore will not put garbage in my mouth.   Good luck with everything.

Jeanne

Pattoncy
on 3/17/13 9:23 pm
My surgeon also found a growth on my spleen, but he removed it and had it sent to pathology. It turned out to be benign, but I'm glad he removed it while he was in there.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 275 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views