I'm so nauseous

kimmiegirl411
on 3/19/13 3:16 pm - FL
VSG on 02/25/13

Help I'm 3 weeks out and I'm so nauseous I hate the taste of water but crystal light  sugar free jello and sf Popsicle are making me feel so sick that I don't want to drink anything.

Kimmie

pineview01
on 3/19/13 3:27 pm - Davison, MI

I was sent home with scripts for three kinds of meds for nausea.  I also take two PPIs a day.  I really didn't have an issue until farther out and eating to much.  Call your center and ask for relief. 

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

mickeymantle
on 3/19/13 3:29 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

call tou doctor for some meds (antiemetic)  to help with nausea

if you are on all foods a few pretzels might help

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

nikkivonq
on 3/19/13 3:56 pm - CA
VSG on 10/23/12

I went through the same thing. Keep trying to get your fluids done. This will pass

hope2013
on 3/19/13 8:26 pm - Philadelphia, PA
I went thru the same thing. It was horrible...get real ginger & cut a piece & eat it. I got that from OH & it worked wonders! I carry ginger with me like my lipstick feel better.
MuttLover
on 3/19/13 10:05 pm
VSG on 11/14/12

Ginger is great -- ginger tea or peppermint tea also help.  Nausea can also be a sign of dehydration.  So if you haven't been drinking 64 or more oz of water a day, you may be dehydrated.  Definitely call the doc ASAP -- if you are dehydrated, you need to get some IV fluid in, and go from there!

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

Yocie
on 3/19/13 11:23 pm
VSG on 11/06/12

I went through that too. I was using the Rx patches that they put on during surgery, and eventually had to use Rx suppositories for nausea. Talk to your Dr. to see if he can help you through this. It will get better.

Nanato2
on 3/19/13 11:57 pm - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

I was the same way from the moment I took a sip of water around 4 weeks it started to get a bit better and I am now just being able to drink plain water.

Here is a few things I did boiled my water, added crystal light or MIO to it, drank it real cold with ice cubes and had my doctor prescribe something to help.

It will get better doctor also told me we have to realize that we had stitches and staples in our stomachs plus we could have inflammation and some blood still in there so everything can taste off until out stomachs start to settle down. 

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

AdeanaMarie
on 3/20/13 3:16 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12

Are you still on any pain meds?  If so, give them up if you can, they can cause extra nausea.  I was nauseated for about 2-3 months.  Sadly the meds they gave me to help the nausea made it worse for me.  But protein went down okay, not great, but okay.  How is liquid protein going for you?  I wasn't able to stomach thin liquids for a couple months out, but could tolerate the thicker protein mixture.  You may just have to power through it.  Getting dehydrated is no picnic and if you think you feel bad now, it is double worse if you get horribly dehydrated.  So unless you are throwing the liquid back up.  Get it down when you can.

FYI, be careful of fake sugars, they can upset your tummy too.  

I would contact your surgeon and ask for suggestions and let them know your trouble.  They may want to give you some IV fluids.  Some people just stay nauseated longer that others.  I was one of them.  But take heart, it does get better.  Feels horrible now and like it will never end, but it does eventually go away.

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 281 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 335 views