3 mos - 45 lbs

seejo
on 3/26/13 6:27 am - AR
VSG on 12/20/12

I reached my 3 month mark and I'm 45 pounds down.  I hit a terrible stall at 40 pounds and stayed there for weeks.  That was very frustrating but I'm starting to lose again which is exciting.  I tend to eat too fast or too much and not drink enough water.  The water intake is my biggest problem.  I also had some problems with water retention which was part of my weight loss slowing down.  My diuretic was causing me to be very dizzy. My doctor took me off of it and I immediately gained 5 pounds.  We now have me on 1/2 the dose and it is much better.  My hair is beginning to come out more and more.  I clean out my brush every other day and get a hand full of hair.  I also find it in the drain more than ever.  Part of the process. 

Exercise is slow for me as my knee flared up really bad when I started walking.  I had a goose egg knot come up.  I'm going to start back this week and see what happens.

Good luck to you all and me as we chip away.  Cindy

Mom_2_4
on 3/26/13 6:39 am
VSG on 05/22/13

Congratulations on your weight loss! 50% in 3 months!!

HW: 254  SW: 238.2  CW:179.6 1st GW: ONEDERLAND 2nd GW: 150 GW: 135  Surgery: 5/22/13      

laDeelila
on 3/26/13 7:00 am - NJ

I was having the same problem. I could never get in enough water! The retention is due to our bodies using up every last bit of water for cell metabolism and organ, muscle, and tissue function. The extra is for relief of toxins. I was drinking and hardly going to the bathroom which is a big problem because it will effect your kidney function and could produce stones. Sucks, I know! I still struggle with it to be honest. I wake up with dry mouth, eyes, and just feel generally like a twisted up rag sometimes. I just started using a water logging app on my smart phone. It actually works to a point because I need that accountability. Yes it's all part of figuring it all out!

'Deneen

Excited and thankful to be on this rollercoaster of a journey!

Shagdoll
on 3/26/13 7:39 am

Congrats on a great first 3 months!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

jarabacoagirl
on 3/27/13 2:13 am
VSG on 12/17/12

I have also lost 45 lbs since my surgery day.  I lost more but it was in pre-op. My surgery was 3 days before yours.  So I think you are at where you should be.  Stalls are normal.  I had a couple.  Last week I actually gained back 2 pounds.  But as long as the overall goes down we are good.  :-)  I'm just starting to loss hair too.  My biggest problem is constipation I had to increase my fiber which in turn means more carbs just to be more regular.  As a result more fiber/carbs makes me more hungry.  Than I think I eat too much sometimes.  But than some days I don't feel like eating that much at all.  It's weird. 

HW 302 lbs SW  279.8 lbs.  CW  193.8 lbs   MFP Jarabacoagirl  Preop diets 22.2 lbs, 1st month 21.2 lbs, 2nd month 14.6 lbs,  3rd month 11.2 lbs, 4th month 7 lbs, 5th month 7 lbs, 6th month 6.8 lbs, 7th month 5.2 lbs, 8th month 4.4 lbs 9 and 10th months slowed down didn't record exactly

108.2 lbs lost from highest weight!

(86.2 lbs of that was lost since surgery date)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 87 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 300 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 347 views