How full is too full??

starry957
on 3/29/13 10:47 am

I measure and weigh and track everything I eat and drink.  I am careful, and weight loss has been great - very happy with results so far.  I know that one of the things that is recommended, on this forum, is to "undereat" your sleeve, which I understand - sort of.

I eat the general amounts I know others have, and what my program lists, ie about 2-3oz of protein in a meal - and I don't ever have more than 1/2 to 3/4 cup of food per meal.  For instance, a 1/4 chicken white from Swiss Chalet - lasts me three meals - and I am definitely full when I eat straight up meat.

However, I do find that, even with measuring and eating the "recommended" amounts, I am feeling full, AND I don't seem? to have a physical reaction that tells me to stop (ie I've read others say their nose runs, or they hiccup, etc).  Although, I have a "bit" of indigestion, at times, but often I feel like it's possibly because I needed to slow down a bit more. 

I'm not stretching my sleeve am I??  I worry about this - and, how would I know?

January 8th, 2013 - VSG with Dr Paul Sullivan (St Joe's Toronto)

MomofMarch
on 3/29/13 11:09 am - GA

Those signs are usually signs that we've OVER eaten. It's best to not get to those points. As long as you stop when you feel satisfied and not FULL, you're doing fine. :)

Laura- HW:240  SW: 224  GW:165 Surgery date 12/10/12

Winning the battle against obesity and PCOS!

starry957
on 3/29/13 11:32 am

Is it?  Is it possible to have overeaten after having one egg, as an example?  If it is, then I guess I'll have to go back to using shakes alot more because I probably wouldn't get in what I need to get it.

MomofMarch
on 3/29/13 11:54 am - GA

Oh yeah! lol I've overdone it on a single egg before. I'm a little over 3 months out and I still use my shakes. It takes some time to be able to eat more. From the sounds of it, you've got a pretty good plan. I'm just getting to the point being able to eat 2.5-3 oz. Three oz is really pushing it for me, though. In these early phases and months out, we're just basically teaching ourselves to eat and learning what our sleeves can handle. You definitely want to try to get your protein in from food, but it's perfectly ok to suppliment with shakes.

Laura- HW:240  SW: 224  GW:165 Surgery date 12/10/12

Winning the battle against obesity and PCOS!

IHeartMexico
on 3/29/13 11:10 am
VSG on 01/21/13
Everyone is different , the first 4 - 6 weeks I didn't have any of those signs either . Our stomachs are still healing and the nerves were your stomach was cut from surgery are still healing . You feel a different full , kinda in your chest . When you feel a heavy feeling in your chest or throat stop eating . I'm 9 weeks out and straight up protein is what I eat and can eat only maybe 2.5 oz of very moist soft meat sometimes a bite of a veggie but that is it . My noise now runs when I'm full . You will learn your new sleeve . Stick to your plan and good luck !

starry957
on 3/29/13 11:33 am

Thanks...I'm trying to figure it out.  I guess maybe the indigestion might be my sign....I dunno

seejo
on 3/29/13 12:17 pm - AR
VSG on 12/20/12

Just a comment about the egg.  My doctor said that eggs tend to float.  I can't tolerate them well and get that floating feeling when I do eat them.  Just a thought....

starry957
on 3/29/13 2:44 pm

they float?  I do tolerate eggs well, but, I mean, shouldn't I be able to eat one egg without being "over full"? 

Sasny
on 3/29/13 10:14 pm
VSG on 03/20/12

Hi

I am one year out and only recently had the capacity to eat a full egg.  For many months 1/2 an egg with a little cheese sprinkled on top filled me up.

Keith L.
on 3/29/13 2:46 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

As a general rule full is too full. 

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 79 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 291 views