New Life - less than 12 months

chickerson605
on 4/1/13 1:21 am - La Vergne, TN

Yes that is me! I have a new life and I'm not to my 12 month anniversary yet. I had my Sleeve surgery in May 2012. I am at my personal goal weight of 130 pounds down from 240. Wearing a size six. I am off 10 medications including all of my multiple sclerosis medications, blood pressure medications and no longer pre-diabetic.

The only issue I have now is that I've been adding carbs back to my diet to slow the weight loss and maintain and I am having sugar cravings. I will adjust and not go back.

I just wanted to post in case someone needs encouragement. Behold all things are new old things have passed away.

I have to wait until next year to have skin surgery removal according to my doctor but I plan to have the apron of skin removed, my bottom lifted and possibly some work on my thighs. In the meantime I will work out and stay fit. 

You can do it - stay positive - do the work - stay on track and believe!

Carolyn

stephanieplum
on 4/1/13 1:25 am
VSG on 06/27/12

Congrats on the new you!!!  Thanks for sharing!!!

Shagdoll
on 4/1/13 1:33 am

I'm so happy for you and your success.  Congrats so far!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

slimpickins5280
on 4/1/13 1:35 am - CO

Congratulations!

Sounds like the MS is in remission - awesome! One of my BF's has MS and she's been in remission for 6 years. She went vegetarian and POOF - all symptoms gone.

I'm SO happy for you!

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

Christine Heusinger
on 4/1/13 3:14 am - GA

You are an encouragement to ALL of us! congratulations on reaching your goal.

Surgery: Thursday,  December 6 at Wellstar Kennestone in Marietta, GA

HW (July): 243      3 days before surgery:  235   Current: 166

(I can't figure out how to control this ticker)        

Cindy B.
on 4/1/13 5:17 am
VSG on 10/22/12

Great job! Good luck with maintenance. I'm just a little bit afraid of maintenance myself because the weight loss hasn't slowed down much for me and I'm not too far off myself.

Surgery weight 255     GW 140     CW 128

SophieNJ
on 4/1/13 5:20 am - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

I'm so happy for you!  Your health has improved so much (off 10 meds!!! wowzer!!)....that is great.  you did a great job, congrats!!!!!

Sophie

HilaryH8103
on 4/1/13 9:28 am - WA
That's wonderful.. I know you're so proud, as you should be. Congratulations & thanks for sharing!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 306 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 352 views