Cigna & Their Antics

TK1117
on 4/2/13 2:21 am - Suwanee, GA
VSG on 06/14/13

So I called Cigna today and they informed me that I was 'DENIED' due to them not receiving my 3 month nutritional history and the letter from my PCP. This is absolutely BOGUS; my surgeon office definitely sent over these documents as part of my 25 page file. My surgeon will now do a peer to peer with Cigna's medical director; hopefully on Thursday to resolve. So peeved but hopeful the decision will be reversed in a few days. cool

Sleeved: 6/14/13 | Start Weight: 220 | Surgery Weight: 209 | 9 Months Post Op: 143 | Goal: 140    

(deactivated member)
on 4/2/13 2:37 am
VSG on 06/04/12

I was denied by Cigna initially too because they said I was missing a clearance letter from my pcp. It took a week or so to resolve, but everything worked out. I understand exactly how frustrating it is when you have so much invested in the surgery and roadblocks pop up. Don't sweat it though, same thing happened to me and now I'm almost 10 months post-op, have lost 134 lbs and am below my goal weight. You'll get there too and this will be a thing of the past!!! 

***hugs***

TK1117
on 4/2/13 3:07 am - Suwanee, GA
VSG on 06/14/13

Thank You!!! Hearing this makes me feel better! CONGRATS on exceeding your goal; that's AWESOME!!! 

~Huggies~

Sleeved: 6/14/13 | Start Weight: 220 | Surgery Weight: 209 | 9 Months Post Op: 143 | Goal: 140    

aklisamarie
on 4/2/13 2:14 pm - AK
I was also denied initially by Cigna because they didn't have a letter from a doctor other than my surgeon clearing me for surgery. Had to make another appt with my primary care doc- nag them for a month to write the darn letter exactly like Cigna wanted. Then 2 weeks later, I got the call that I cleared and one month ago, I finally got sleeved. Dont give up - Cigna will definitely pay - it just takes time. However, compared to some of the horror stories I've heard about insurance - they actually seem pretty good. Good luck!!
TK1117
on 4/3/13 3:56 am - Suwanee, GA
VSG on 06/14/13

Thank you! I've had time to sit back and calm down. I'm glad everything worked out for you! 

waitin48inpa
on 4/3/13 12:30 am

Just a word of encouragement.....I also have Cigna and the same thing happened to me.  They said they received NOTHING.  I contacted the insurance coordinator from my surgeon's office.  They did a peer to peer the next day and it was IMMEDIATELY REVERSED ON THE PHONE!  The med director from Cigna apologized stating" I should have never been denied in the first place".  It will work out fine.  Keep us posted :)

TK1117
on 4/3/13 3:58 am - Suwanee, GA
VSG on 06/14/13

Thank you! My surgeon's insurance coordinator said that would most likely be the case after the peer to peer. I will definitely keep you all posted! :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views