Advice needed

MsLove01
on 4/3/13 8:28 am - WA

Hi all,

I am 14 months out from surgery. Things went well the first 6 months, then the weight loss slowed. I have been pretty stable at 80lbs lost since last summer. I am eating about 1000-1300 calories per day. I fell off on the protein, but I still have the volume restriction. I normally eat twice a day. I will have a salad with chicken, or chicken taco salad in the evening and greek yogurt w granola for lunch.

I have not been online in a long time. I went back in and looked at my food log. I am making adjustments to my diet to increase my protein to 100g per day. I am not sure if I need to go back on the liguids for a few weeks or if I should increase/decrease my calories.

What are your suggestions for jump starting the weight loss again? I am at 190 lbs and had a goal of 150.

Thanks!! Marlene

Marlene

SophieNJ
on 4/3/13 8:35 am - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

I only would say have a protein shake for breakfast....don't skip that meal!  personally, I don't like breakfast either, so I make a big 32 oz protein shake/decaf/ice, and sip that from 9-12 most days.  get's in 35 grams protein the way I make it.

I'm sure the vets will give you more concrete info, this was all I could offer at this time.

Good luck!!

Sophie

HW 275 SW 246 CW 162.5  GW 150  ( 5'1"  Over 1 1/2 inch lost in the last few yrs! LOL) lost 50 lbs on my own, stable for 3 yrs, gained back 21 during year b4 surgery.

MomofMarch
on 4/3/13 8:53 am - GA

I would suggest going back to basics. Get onto shakes for a week. Basically giving yourself a clean slate. Make sure that you're eating more than just twice a day. That does horrible things to our metabolism. Keep track on MFP, and push those fluids! Knock your calories down to about 800-1000 a day. Keep your carbs below 40 a day. We all have different plans, but this basic plan is what is keeping me on track.

Lean dense proteins first!! Non starchy veggies, then maybe some fruit. You can do this! You have the tool, it's just time to dust it off and get back in gear. :)

Laura- HW:240  SW: 224  GW:165 Surgery date 12/10/12

Winning the battle against obesity and PCOS!

happyteacher
on 4/3/13 11:26 am

I second the idea of feeding your metabolism.  Small meals = higher metabolism.  Increasing your protein is a great idea, and it appears that you need to either lower your calories or increase your exercise- or perhaps a combination of both.  Do not eat too many carbs at one sitting (under 30 for a meal, under 15 for a snack- net carbs).  Many here keep carbs under 40 for the day, and perhaps that is a good fit for you.  Make carbs complex and not simple.  Get your fiber in, your calcium, and take your vitamins.  Measure and track everything- I suspect you may be taking in more calories than you realize.  

Oh, and if I use shakes I lose.  If I don't, typically I do not lose (unless I have some other medical thing going on).  

Glad to see you are looking to restart the great habits!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views