Hungry? Yes I am

phatdivabbw
on 4/3/13 1:28 pm - NJ

I am almost 11mths post op and it scares me that I feel hungry. The sad thing is I can eat more now. I'm trying to monitor it but it's a struggle.  I've lost 125lbs and do not want to mess up. 

I know exercise is the key and I struggle to do that. 

Just venting!!!!

Sigh!

Smooches

Keith L.
on 4/3/13 2:06 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Don't give up now! You have come so far. It is natural for you to be able to eat more, but eating more isn't necessarily bad if you eat good things.

Exercise is very important. What part of exercise are you struggling with? You don't need to go crazy with exercise, even 30 mins of walking a day would be very beneficial.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

(deactivated member)
on 4/3/13 3:52 pm

You have done such a great job and had such a great loss! Do not despair. Hunger happens. Right around 11 or 12 months post op I got another hunger surge and a bit more capacity in my sleeve. What worked for me was adding a meal in the afternoon between lunch and dinner. (At 12 months I was in maintenance already, so that might be a bit of a different issue.)

As important as exercise is, WL is still about the food you eat and the calories you take in and the calories you expend in your day to day life. However, at the last Doctor lead support group I attended, the doctor mentioned (okay stressed very firmly) that beginning at 9 to 12 months out exercise becomes increasingly important. So, do try to get some exercise in on a regular basis, but still keep your calories on the lower side and your eating clean.

Good luck to you! I wish you great success. After what you've done this past year, it's hard to imagine that you'd mess up in any way!

MacMadame
on 4/3/13 4:20 pm - Northern, CA

I started feeling hunger at about 7 months out. Hunger is normal. Not ever feeling hunger ever is not. I learned to embrace it and welcome it. It keeps me from being anorexic!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

simmie78
on 4/3/13 11:50 pm

I'm 5 months and hungry like ALL the time...most of the time I attribute it to working out. It's annoying...I just try to drink water and go do something else until it's time to eat again.  It usually passes and if it doesnt then I just have to eat!

Currently 180 - 76 lbs lost! Surgery 11/7/12, 36 years old, 5'8". I live in Hong Kong and it's a bit different here!

hollykim
on 4/4/13 2:22 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

What are you eating? Carby things are likely to make you more hungry AND they make me able to eat MORE of anything. Even so called " healthy" whole grains  can make you hungry and hungry for more carbs. What is a typical menu like for you?

What about fluids? are you getting 64+ oz of sf liquid a day? Dehydration sometimes presents as hunger.

Too much acid production can mimic hunger. Are you on a PPI? Nexium or something? Even if you don't "feel" like you have acid ,you might and it starts later rather then sooner in some people.

Check out these things and see...Keep us posted.

GL

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views