I really think I can do this!

Jennifer E.
on 4/3/13 10:12 pm - OH

So I am on day three of my preop diet which consists of 2 protein shakes a day and 2 smart ones or lean cuisines.  I have been tracking every single drop of fluid or morsel of food that goes into my mouth on My Fitness Pal.  It is nice to be able to scan a barcode and enter it in.  I also like seeing the totals to see just how much protein and carbs etc I am getting in.  So far I have done everything the Surgeon has asked for the preop and not even a single bite outside of my two lean cuisine meals per day.  I think I got this!!! I will be sooo proud of myself if I can keep this up till surgery in 12 days....OMG that sounds crazy.  Soooo ready for this.  Gaining confidence in my abilities too. I definitely have the "I will be the one person this will not work on" feeling.  But as I have gotten into the preop diet I am gaining momentum. I took my three year old for a 45 min walk yesterday and I am getting in all 64 + ounces of water.  I really can feel like big changes are ahead.  Go ME! 

~Jennifer~ HW 326  CW 277 VSG 4/16/13 

Jls8877
on 4/3/13 11:28 pm
Great attitude! Keep up the great work!
mildollarsmile
on 4/4/13 12:26 am - SE, TX
VSG on 03/11/13

It will be here before you know it. You're doing great already and have an awesome attitude about it all...You will do fantastic!! Keep it up girl!!

Mel

Melanie -- HW:320 SW:300 CW:277.2 GW:150 

Edelge
on 4/4/13 8:39 am
VSG on 04/02/13

I felt the same way on my PREOP diet.  Like I was getting control back and that it could be done.  I felt like I had a future that I could decide.  Now 3 days post op, the day that I hear is the hardest, I'm feeling the same way still.  I'm uncomfortable butbh can do this! I got this!  It's exciting to see a whole new life ahead of me that looks brighter.  Good luck!

Jennifer E.
on 4/4/13 9:13 am - OH

I agree 100 percent. I finally feel in control and since January when I decided to have the surgery and started the process my depression has gotten sooo much better. I just feel like there is hope for me now. I dont think anyone really knows the depression I have experienced. I pretend to be better when others are around but I finally feel like I am on my way to a better me.  Cant wait!

~Jennifer~ HW 326  CW 277 VSG 4/16/13 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views