NSV? Or.. NSF (where the f stands for fail)

ShootForTheMoon
on 4/7/13 11:59 am
VSG on 12/20/12 with

So tonight I was coming down the carpeted stairs, and my sock slipped. I went flying in the air and landed (quite firmly) on my rear end, then proceeded to slide several more stairs down. Talk about ouch! I don't have nearly as much padding back there as I used to! Never thought I'd miss my bigger butt! 

I'm fine, luckily, it could have been a LOT worse, but my bum is definitely going to be quite bruised. In the end I had to just laugh when I thought "Hey, that's kind of an NSV..."

Height: 5'8

MomofMarch
on 4/7/13 12:02 pm - GA

LMAO...literally, my ass is OFF! hahaha I've done that a few times myself. Legs flying up in the air and the *oomph* sounds on each step. lol I'm glad you're ok and it's kind of an awesome/sad feeling knowing that we have bony butts. haha

Laura- HW:240  SW: 224  GW:165 Surgery date 12/10/12

Winning the battle against obesity and PCOS!

ShootForTheMoon
on 4/7/13 12:18 pm
VSG on 12/20/12 with

That's pretty much exactly how it was! With a shower of tea because I'd been holding a mug of it at the time. It was a bitter sweet moment with my newfound bony-ness, haha. 

Height: 5'8

Linda B.
on 4/7/13 4:04 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

I'm glad you are alright. I totally understand about the falling. I do it on my skates. Ice seams to be so much harder now that my butt is smaller. I'll tell you what my coach tells me when I fall, ice it up.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

sheranfour
on 4/7/13 7:53 pm

Let's hear it for boney butts!

Mines not quite "boney" yet...but I do notice...if I sit on something...I can feel it now!!! LOL!

Hope you're not as sore as you think you'll be!!

~Deb

Not MY will, but HIS. Not MY time, but HIS.    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 316 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views