NOW WHAT????!!!!!

sheshemaclin
on 4/8/13 5:28 am - IN

HEY LOSERS!!!!! (FINALLY I LOVE HEARING THAT PHRASE)

QUESTION. IVE FINALLY FINISHED MY 6 MONTH INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS AND THE SURGEONS OFFICE SENT OUT THE PAPERWORK ON 4/4/13. WELL I CALLED TODAY JUST TO SEE IF MAYBE JUST MAYBE THEY HAVE STARTED REVIEWING MY CLAIM. INSURANCE COMPANY SAYING THEY HAVENT EVEN RECEIVED THE PAPERWORK YET. IM GETTING REAL NERVOUS. IVE READ THAT SOME PEOPLE HAVE GOTTEN APPROVED IN A WEEK OR LESS. NOW WHAT DO I DO? JUST KEEP CALLING OR JUST WAIT TILL SOMEONE CALL ME?  HOW LONG DID IT TAKE TO GET UR APPROVAL? WERE U AS CRAZY INPATIENT AS I AM? IM JUST SO READY TO START THIS NEW CHAPTER OF MY LIFE. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR THE UR REPLIES. LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS SITE.....

Melissa B.
on 4/8/13 5:35 am - MA
VSG on 04/24/13

The waiting game sucks!!! I had my appointment on March 28th and I'm still waiting for the phone call. 

Hopefully we both get approved soon!! 

Melissa

missthingg
on 4/8/13 5:47 am - memphis, TN

I worried the heck out of my Advocate lolol! He wouldn't ever answer the phone but when he did I got results. It's nothing wrong with asking where are they in the process. If they are anything like Memphis, they have so many patients. The squeaky wheel gets the oil!! It seems like I got approved in no time!! 

Jackie T.
on 4/8/13 7:15 am - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

Don't be surprised that they say they haven't received the paperwork.  I had BCBS Highmark and the various departments don't communicate with each other.  I called customer service in the morning and they said they did not show anything and when I got home the letter was in the mail.  Meaning, it had been approved several days before but it had not even been logged in the system yet.  Hang in there!  Hopefully you will hear soon.

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

Janette Rodriguez
on 4/8/13 12:50 pm - San Antonio, TX

Dont worry!

I did the same thing filled my paper work on March 27th And called my insurance exactly a week later April 3rd and they said they didn't receive a thing! I was like WHAT! A WHOLE WEEK AND NOTHING!

Haha but the SAME afternoon is when I got my phone call of approval and started pre op the next day! Surgery is on the 15th ! :D

sleevegirl
on 4/8/13 1:35 pm - Austin, TX

Good luck and you'll do fine. Deep breaths! I was cash pay and I admit that I'm glad I didn't have to play the waiting (weighting - heh) game!

FYI, all caps can be considered YELLING in net ettiqute. Plus it's harder to read... or maybe I'm just getting old and slightly cranky and I miss my damned candy bars ;)

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

sheshemaclin
on 4/9/13 3:42 am - IN

thanks everyone for sharing your stories. at least i know im not alone. and sorry for all the caps in the original post. didnt even notice it cause i was so frustrated. my day will come soon,

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views