Feeling great! 6 month check up today!

grobles
on 4/10/13 10:58 pm
VSG on 10/08/12

Greetings!  I have my six month check up today and am feeling great!  I have lost 86 lbs so far - unbelievable!  My BMI is down to 29.5 from 42.5, and I have gone from wearing a usually tight 3x women's size to a large or XL "bought in the normal size clothes" section of the store.  I hope that the doc is as happy as I am about my progress.  While I would have loved to be at my goal weight - which is really just about 20 lbs from where I am today - I have to say that even if I don't lose any more weight, I am happy with the results.  I think that if I were able to get surgery today to lose the hanging/loose skin and that stubborn fat layer that goes with it, I would be below my original goal weight. 

Besides the obvious vanity things, I have also been migraine-free since I came home from the hospital in October, I am off all of my blood pressure meds, except a small dose water pill, and the insulin that they sent me home on after surgery is no longer needed.  My health is so much better!  My husband, who originally was very against the surgery, says now that he wishes that we could have done this years ago!

Thanks for reading - just had to share a bright spot today!

Wendi

Kcdietz
on 4/10/13 11:09 pm - GA
Congrats to you. I am 2 months out today and can not imagine what it will be like to be at 6 months. I hope that I have as much success as you. My husband was also reluctant about surgery. I think he was scared for me physically and mentally. He is an exercise more eat less kind of guy. I think he is now starting to get very excited for me and how this surgery will help me accomplish that. Congrats again and thanks for posting. It helps those of us still early out to keep our eyes on the prize.

kellied77
on 4/10/13 11:10 pm

Excellent, good work! 

Great post.

Thanks for sharing.

"The things we fear are undefeatable, not by their nature, but by our approach"

VSG on April 24, 2013 / 36 years old, 5' 7"  M1:28 M2:11 M3:14 M4:6

Lizcat7
on 4/11/13 2:10 am
Great job
LolaB
on 4/11/13 12:54 pm - NY
VSG on 01/23/13

Sounds like you are doing great, good for you! What a great creation the VSG is!

"If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete." Siddhartha Gautama

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 92 views