Band to Sleeve TOMORROW!

moonchild1968
on 4/17/13 1:17 am - Tucker, GA

Tomorrow is my new day.  I'm having every emotion imaginable.  Just "all over the place".  I'm sitting here trying to clean off my desk,return calls and emails and leave things a bit organized.  Why did I wait until today? ugh.  At least I'm half packed for the hospital. Surgery is at 2, report at noon. I can't believe it's finally here.  I want this so bad.

My doctor prescribed neomycin 2 pills every HOUR 4 hours then 1 pill every 4 hours. That's 12 pills in one day. I'm not a good pill taker, but I took the first dose before leaving the house.  By the time I dropped my son off at school, I knew it didn't agree with my stomach. I called the office.  They said, "Stop taking it.  You'll be fine. It was just as a precaution."  Now, I'm wishing it didn't upset my stomach so bad because I feel like I'm missing a step and I want to dot all my i's and cross my t's.  They wouldn't have told me to stop taking them if I shouldn't have. Right? They also prescribed 3tblsp. milk of mag, which I just took and all seems well so far.  Maybe I should've taken today off, too?

Willowbeez
on 4/17/13 2:07 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 05/14/13

Best of luck to you - I'm sure all will be well!

(deactivated member)
on 4/17/13 3:32 am

Good luck with your surgery :)

Shayne P.
on 4/18/13 1:43 am - sachse, TX
VSG on 03/28/13

good luck. I also had the band...7 yrs actually. Just got the sleeve March 28, 2013. You will be fine. Its a different sensation than the band. I sorta freaked at first in the hosp sipping my first drink....was a weird feeling. But....if you lucky..and follow the guidelines, They did the leak test next morn...and I was fine. I regretted the sleeve at first for like 2 days because I was hungry and hurting. Now, its been weeks...I am really wishing I had the sleeve instead of the band...but..the band has taught me to slow down, sip, and watch what I eat...so I had an advantage like you will with those who just have the sleeve first. Rest, try to drink ....its gonna be tough...cuz they want us to drink alot...protein....and take it a day at a time...:)

moonchild1968
on 4/26/13 3:00 am - Tucker, GA

Thanks, Shayne.  I appreciate your input.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 64 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 247 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views