Deleted

kimberleyann
on 4/29/13 10:26 am - Kingston, NS, Canada

Congratulations, and welcome to sleeve world. 

BREAZA
on 4/29/13 3:25 pm
VSG on 04/24/13
Thank you! I'm excited and can't wait to see the numbers on the scale go down.
INgirl
on 4/29/13 10:42 am

I have had to deal with being in a hospital a couple times in my adult life and have to say, Almater and the Drs there were 10x better than anything I got local in a big city, big hospital, with a big budget$$ etc.. No comparison.

For any elective/non covered treatment in the future- you can bet your ass I will be doing the medical tourism route (with due diligence in researching the Drs and facilities of course- the exp at Almater with this crew is not necessarily what you will get at another place.. it is totally buyer-beware when you go that route.)

Almater and Aceves's team though is one of the tops across the board, and more than the outstanding cleanliness (seriously, I have never been in a cleaner hospital) his surgical skill is tops. He makes a very nice tight well done sleeve with a very very low complication rate.. He's a very good cutter, working in a great hospital at a reasonable cost. Can't beat that. 

BREAZA
on 4/29/13 3:09 pm
VSG on 04/24/13
Absolutely agree!
linzeelee
on 4/29/13 10:43 am - Omaha, NE
VSG on 05/17/13

Thanks so much for the descriptions and pictures! I have surgery with Dr. Aceves on 5/17, so I'll be seeing all these things for myself soon. I also have a short time off before I must return to work, so I am encouraged by the fact that you are doing so well.

defygravity
on 4/29/13 12:01 pm - NE
VSG on 07/10/13

Uuuuugggghhhh!!  You are totally making me rethink my decision to have mine done locally.  Dr. Aceves is the one I had researched and I had convinced my husband that it would be ok going to Mexico.  He wanted to meet the local surgeon to ask questions and such, which was good.  We didn't meet the surgeon, but did talk to his coordinator for a long time and now he wants me to do it locally.  I am self-pay and would much rather go to Mexico and Dr. Aceves than pay close to twice as much and do it locally.  I know having life-long follow-up is valuable, but not that much! Maybe I'll show him your post and pictures and he will change his mind.  

~ Colleen                                       Instagram

"It is our choices... far more than our abilities that determine who we are."         

HW 232; SW 223; 1stGW 199;  2ndGW 170  

serenity1959
on 4/29/13 12:11 pm
VSG on 08/05/13

Thank you SO much for posting this!   I am waiting for word right now as to the status of our home equity loan, and if it goes through, I will be filling out that application and sending in my deposit.   My DH is still very leery of the whole thing -- just asked me if I know what I am doing.   Even after looking at your pictures, he told me that the surgery might be "in a dirty rat hole."

BREAZA
on 4/29/13 3:07 pm
VSG on 04/24/13
My husband was extremely reluctant at first but let me tell you the Almater hospital was by far the cleanest and most sanitized hospital we've ever been to. I've never seen a hospital in the States THIS clean and I'm not trying to bash any hospital but do emphasize this hospital is far from being a dirty rat hole. It's top notch.
SuzaQue
on 4/29/13 12:28 pm - Glendale, AZ
VSG on 04/06/13

Great Post!  My experience being sleeved by Dr. Aceves was pretty much like yours, although I did stay home one week after the surgery.  I wanted my incisions to heal a little bit before having do up & down in chair and up the stairs.

Preop diet start  /VSG Surgery / Current / Goal
               286                 277            219       165

Lapband / Lowest wt LB unfilled because of problems

286                  250

Highest:     302

Diana E.
on 4/29/13 2:18 pm
VSG on 03/27/13

Dang! You had better accommodations than I did, and I was state side!!  And while I'm a stay at home Mom, I wasn't back to normal Mom duties for a little over 2 weeks. Sheesh!

HW- 318    SW- 310    CW- 194.4    GW- 170-ish  Onderland: 10/30/2013

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views