Deleted

BREAZA
on 4/29/13 8:16 am, edited 5/28/13 7:36 am
VSG on 04/24/13

Deleted

ParisGirl
on 4/29/13 8:50 am
VSG on 04/25/13
So glad it was a good experience for you! And you're already back to work full time? Wow! I feel good, but I couldn't imagine getting in all my fluids and working, too. Just be sure to take care of yourself!!!

BREAZA
on 4/29/13 9:22 am
VSG on 04/24/13

It's kind of nice that the area where I work is really quiet and I don't get much traffic of people coming in. I don't deal with customers so I'm by myself most of the day. Plus my boss is really understanding and let me know that if I'm not feeling well to go home early if I need to. I've got all my drinks and Unjury chicken soup and have been sipping my 2 oz every 15 minutes. I found this neat timer online and I just type in "15 minutes" and it starts the countdown and does a little buzz to remind me when to start sipping again while I work. :) Below is the link:

http://www.orzeszek.org/dev/timer/

claimmaster
on 4/29/13 9:00 am - OK
VSG on 07/05/13

Thanks for all the pictures!  I think I'll do this when I go to Juarez for my surgery, too.  People want to know what' it's like.  Hope you heal well.  Looking forward to joining you in a couple of months!

Starting weight: 320       Goal weight: 145      Surgery Weight: 298      Current weight: 215         Check out my blog at www.thebariatricvegan.com

Weight loss month 1-22  2-13  3-12  4-16  5-4  6-0  7-7  8-6

BREAZA
on 4/29/13 9:24 am
VSG on 04/24/13

Yes, I think it will really help others know what to expect. I had no idea and would have liked to know what I was in for, but thankfully everything went well. :) Good luck with your surgery and hope you have a quick and smooth recovery!

SuperBee
on 4/29/13 9:16 am
VSG on 05/28/13 with

Wow!  This was an awesome post and great of you to share with those considering their options.   Best of luck to you on your journey forward, I look forward to reading about your progress.  

BREAZA
on 4/29/13 9:25 am
VSG on 04/24/13

Thank you. :) I'll make sure to post my before and after pictures once I'm at least 6 months out.

Islandertra
on 4/29/13 10:03 am - Courtenay, Canada
VSG on 05/15/13

Thanks for the post. I am heading there on the 13th of May and it is comforting to know what is going to happen. Did they tell you when to start your vitamins? What did they say about post op blood work when you are at home? Thanks again Tracy

BREAZA
on 4/30/13 1:47 am, edited 4/30/13 2:08 am
VSG on 04/24/13

Yes, they said I could start on vitamins 10 days after surgery. The first check up is recommended 3 months after surgery. It consists of blood work and an upper Gi x-ray. The upper GI is an x-ray examination of the pharynx, esophagus, stomach and first part of the small intestine (also known as the duodenum) that uses a special form of x-ray called fluoroscopy and a contrast material called barium. 

Blood work should include the following:

CBC (to check anemia and lack of vitamin B12 ) and SMAC 24 “Comprehensive Metabolic Panel” (sugar, cholesterol, calcium and hepatic functioning)

thinnersinner
on 4/29/13 10:16 am

I think we all have some misconceptions about surgeries in other countries.  I've already had my surgery, but if I didn't have insurance, I would definitely consider this place.  The pictures tell the story so well.  Glad to hear you're doing great!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 268 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 328 views