all done!

Bloodshotbetty
on 5/3/13 12:22 pm - minneapolis, MN

I am out of surgery! Everything went really well. The only issue was my nurse in the post op nurse was very rude.  My pain was out of control and she kind of brushed me off.  I couldn't get her attention for at least 15 minutes because she was showing everyone her new sweater.  I started to get panicky and crying.  She finally came over and I told her my pain was bad and I was having an anxiety attack.  She told me it would feel hard to breathe for a while. I told her I have an anxiety disorder and she said..."and you have all of those tattoos?" And walked away.  I finally got another nurse to help me.

so now I am In my room and struggling with gas pain.  But I can sip water and walk around.  So I am feeling good and the rest of my nurses are fantastic!

-Alycia-

Diana E.
on 5/3/13 12:37 pm
VSG on 03/27/13

I'm sorry :(  From what I'm learning, coming out of this surgery, in recovery, is quite painful... I did however stumble upon a way to get them to act more promptly.... I thought I was having a heart attack, I had never felt pain in my chest like that before and it was certainly a 10+...My nurse kept pushing drugs, but it wasn't even coming close to touching the pain.  I expected pain, I was ready for pain, but not that much pain.  He walked away from me at one point and I started yelling "PLEASE HELP ME!!"  He ran back over, then told me, he couldn't give me anything else without bringing the anesthesiologist back in to put me under.  I told him, "Do it" and then told him I wanted him to get my surgeon because something was not right.  Wouldn't you know it, one quick phone call and about 2 of the longest minutes of my life later.... someone else came in, pushed something into my IV, and I have no memory of the rest of the day. no

HW- 318    SW- 310    CW- 194.4    GW- 170-ish  Onderland: 10/30/2013

(deactivated member)
on 5/3/13 12:43 pm - Oak Hills, CA
VSG on 04/04/13

Good lucky for a speedy recovery...

Ruthie7474
on 5/3/13 2:18 pm - SD
This post makes me so sad. No one should ever treat you like this especially in the PACU. I am glad to hear you are doing better but please tell me that you will tomorrow morning insist on talking to management regarding the way your PACU nurse treated you. I am so sorry this happened to you, while you are in the PACU you are very vulnerable to post operative complications and her blazè fair attitude is disturbing. She should be called on the carpet for this!!!
ParisGirl
on 5/3/13 10:43 pm
VSG on 04/25/13
1st - CONGRATS!!! I'm 9 days out and feel great. No regrets!

So sorry about your care in recovery. That's terrible! I would definitely say something. I hope your floor nurses are amazing and take great care of you.

Be sure to walk as often as you can. And keep sipping water, if you're allowed it yet. Today may be difficult for you as your bowels "wake up". There may be a lot of gas pressure. If it gets too bad, ask for something. No shame in meds when needed.

Be well and welcome to the losers bench!

linzeelee
on 5/4/13 12:03 am - Omaha, NE
VSG on 05/17/13
I'm glad you came through surgery okay. So sorry about the rude nurse. She ought to have a better understanding of anxiety. What do tattoos have to do with anything? Anyways, sending thoughts your way for a speedy recovery.
sonia29
on 5/4/13 12:43 am, edited 5/4/13 7:42 am
What a piece of **** that nurse!

29y/ 5'4 / HW 265/SW 255/CW 120.1/Final goal 125

Julie H.
on 5/4/13 5:46 am - Austin, TX
VSG on 04/23/13

When I woke up in recovery the pain was more than I was expecting.  Not the worst pain ever, but more than would allow me to rest and start to heal.  I begged for morphine and I had to wait about 30 minutes to get it.  Everything was much better then.  

What you eat in private shows in public.            HW: 245  SW: 233  GW: 120

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 448 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 469 views