severe pain!!!

bamaya
on 6/10/13 3:25 am - Nunica, MI

I'm 4 wks out, and about 8-9 days ago, I started getting some pain in my side.  Not stomach but the muscles near my 2 larger incisions.  I called the dr last week and they said it was normal...muscles starting to grow together etc.  well, its been getting worse every day, and today i literally cant move without muscle spasms, severe pain that i just about pass out from.  Ive taken 2 norco and hasnt even touched it.  heating pad helping a small small amount.  i called the office again and they said this is normal....wth?????  i cant move.  they are seeing in at 2pm, but i could tell it was just to humor me.  anyone experience this?

HW:232, SW:217, CW 190, SD: 5/14/13

VSG on 06/12/13
I would head to ER. Just did preop class this am and pain is the symptom of a leak.

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

Nikke2003
on 6/10/13 3:59 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

I'm 4 weeks out today and over the weekend I was experiencing the same thing - although maybe not as intense. It seems to have passed now... I'm hoping the same happens for you! If it gets that bad, definitely see someone!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Sandy M.
on 6/10/13 4:32 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

I got a charlie horse cramp in my abdomen a couple of times.  It feels like you're going to die!  

I take a Statin for high cholesterol, and starting taking CoQ10 a few years ago to combat the cramping, which is something most doctors don't tell you about when they prescribe a Statin.  It absolutely stopped the cramping!  I was told to stop the CoQ10 right before my surgery and didn't take it for a couple of weeks afterwards, until I got the cramps back.  I'm taking it daily now!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

Most Active