frustration

cookiebun
on 5/13/13 2:27 am - MA
VSG on 04/02/13

I am six weeks post op tomorrow.  I have been in a  stall since week 2.  I know I lost ALOT in those 2 weeks, but how long can a stall last?  I am eating about 800 calories and my protein is always at least 70g.  I am walking most days (nothing aggressive since I am still in bits of pain).  What can I do to break my stall.  I am getting beyond frustrated. 

I was due for my period a month ago (sorry for tmi)... could that be holding up some weight loss too???  I need the scale to move soon or I am gonna lose it. 

NSV - I posed a picture on facebook of myself by accident (I was holding off on that) and I got tons of "you look fabulous" comments... I'm glad I am looking better, but I still want the scale to move.  I am worried that it has been too long in a stall.  Could my PCOS be part of it as well.... I don't know what else to do to break this stall.  I am eating sooo much better than I ever was and so much less.  why can't I lose?  I eat primarily fish, chicken and tofu.  When I go out to eat, I order fish or chicken and take most of it home...

Help please!!!!

I'm not where I want to be, but I am closer than I was yesterday!

HW: 365 SW: 320

kellied77
on 5/13/13 2:42 am, edited 5/13/13 2:43 am

I am only 2 weeks and 4 days out, but I had the band before and went through a stall when I was eating very few calories.

The doc said it is your body holding on to every bit it can.  The decrease in our intake probably catches up and our bodies freak out and act as though we are starving.

You weight loss will pick back up.  There are so many posts on here where people have hit stalls and then started losing again.

Just hang in there, you'll start losing again if you are fallowing the diet plan.

Congrats on 30 lbs in 6 weeks, that is awersome.

"The things we fear are undefeatable, not by their nature, but by our approach"

VSG on April 24, 2013 / 36 years old, 5' 7"  M1:28 M2:11 M3:14 M4:6

Donnab62
on 5/13/13 2:51 am
VSG on 04/29/13

I think you are doing great! I'm on 2 weeks post op so I don't have a lot to offer as far as advice but hang in their I'm sure you will get through this. When I was going to a diet clinic they said sometimes switching up your food would help and of course lots of water. Good luck!

Donna

Jackie T.
on 5/13/13 2:52 am - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

Did you take your measurements when you started?  If so get the tape measure out.  You may be losing inches.  If you haven't then take them today and start tracking.  6 weeks out at 800 calories seems to be high but it depends on a lot of different factors.  You might try and up your protein to at least 80 grams and see if that gets the scale moving.  Are you tracking your food?  Are you getting all of your water in?  Have you started exercising harder?  Sometimes when you increase your exercise it will stall you a little while you are building muscle but then it will start moving.

Hang in there!  It will start moving again.

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

Rita M.
on 5/13/13 4:18 am - Webster, MA

Hi cookiebun,

well I just posted that I finally broke my stall. It lasted for 4 weeks. My friend who had the sleeve whom I saw at our last Bariatric meeting has been in a stall for 6 weeks. 

My first stall came 3 weeks after surgery and it lasted 1 week.

Now I will tell you what the OH community told me: Don't give up first of all. Second, stalls are totally normal and can vary in time frame and intensity. Third, adjust your water intake, adjust your protein and your carbs. Not to forget, don't depend on that scale so much and also don't forget that you lose inches as well as weight. 

I found for me when I increased (YES increased) my caloric intake it made me lose weight because my body was in starvation mode and it slowed down my metabolism. When I ate just a little more it kind of kick started my metabolism I guess. 

Hang in there and it will all work out. Good luck.

Hugs,

Rita

prairie-dog-girl
on 5/13/13 9:37 am

I was extremely frustrated the first few months. I followed my plan perfectly and only lost 5 pounds the first month.Month 2 wasn't much better. I'd read on this site all the people who talked about losing 20-30 pounds the first month,aaarrrgghhh!!!  I'm happy to say, i kept following my plan and it picked up. I'm 6 months out and have lost 112 # ( some was pre-op). Keep following your plan, you'll get there, even though it doesn't seem like it. Good luck to you.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 311 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 361 views