Post-Op 7 months

myveryownjet
on 5/14/13 2:33 pm - LA

Post-Op for over seven months. I have lost 55 pounds, but have only lost about 15 in the last few months. I'm very thankful that I'm continuing to lose, but I would like to increase the amount. I feel like I'm stuck in a rut!  I wanted to get off 15 more pounds before June. Doesn't seem like I am going to be successful in accomplishing this. I'd like to drop an additional 65 pounds. Any tips?  I need encouragement!  Thanks!!!

Calking
on 5/14/13 2:51 pm, edited 5/14/13 2:53 pm
VSG on 05/31/12

First question that comes to mind is ... are you tracking every drink and bite somewhere like on www.myfitnesspal.com?

If so, then what are your average daily totals?  Are you staying between 600 and 800 calories max?  Are you staying at or below 40 grams of carbs per day?  Are you getting a minimum of 80 grams of protein each day?  And getting in your 8 cups of liquids?

If not, then you need to start doing that so we can see where things are not going quite right and make sure you are getting the goals pretty close to the numbers I mentioned above.

When people get into a stall and it is possible that you are in one now, they usually recommend that you increase fluids and proteins to break the cycle.  I have never done nor had to do that but many people on here mention lots of success with that.

So once we get some of these things answered then we may have better suggestions on where to go.  Also if you are using My Fitness Pal then ask people in this forum to become your friends so that they can see your daily numbers ... that can be most helpful.  It helps us with recommendations as well as helps you to keep on track and stay honest to recording your intakes.

P.S.  It just occurred to me to also ask if you are on any medications that have the tendency for weight gain?  Some do have that side effect.

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

Valsdetermined2lose
on 5/14/13 10:41 pm
Dont give up, just increase protrin and water. I am a slow loser also. Are you excercising?
 HW-267-SW-253-CW-167 I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 79 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 291 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 343 views