six weeks' recommended leave? And, Short Term Disability question

sarapilar
on 5/16/13 8:08 am
VSG on 02/21/13
No way! If you have a desk job you need one week off minimum, 2 weeks plenty. Save your PTO for Plastics

P.S. I am sitting under the Chick-fil-la sign as I type this - meet you soon?
"The most difficult part of changing how you live and eat is believing that change is possible. It takes a fierce kind of love for yourself."Geneen Roth

Melody2
on 5/16/13 8:34 am
VSG on 04/10/13

depends how you feel.  my doctor recommended two weeks.  i was ok my second week and returned to work.  the third week was the hardest for me....no energy.  do what is best for you and what feels right for your recovery.  this is a significant surgery.  take time to heal and adjust.

Debbie M.
on 5/16/13 9:29 am - Orient, OH
VSG on 01/30/13

I took 6 weeks and needed the time to adjust to my sleeve. It took me about 2 weeks after going back to work to feel normal again. So if you can take 6 weeks off, do it. 

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"

wink77
on 5/16/13 2:02 pm - NE
I'm just getting ready to go back after being off 2 weeks. I've been ready for a few days. I think 6 weeks is overkill.
LVeronica
on 5/16/13 9:10 pm

I was told I could go back to work in 5 days.  I could have gone back earlier.  I have a busy schedule and am on my feet about half the time sitting half the time, but no heavy lifting on the job. I experienced no fatigue, no pain.  Only problem I have at work is finding enough time to drink all tha****er.  I probably walked more in the five days I was off work than I do when I am at work!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 401 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 428 views