Friends?

mackieb
on 5/19/13 9:52 am

I was terrified - not of dying, but of saying good bye to food.  But the more I read, the more I realized I will be eating again - just eating better and in small portions.  I had surgery last Wednesday and I did NOT like the first 2 days.  But this Sunday, I am feeling so much better - tired a bit, but much, much better.  I agree with the other posters - this is a big surgery - you have every right to be nervous.  But my surgeon told me he loves seeing how happy folks are that they did it.  The number one thing they have said to him?  ""I wish I had done this earlier!".  And he told me as long as I always have protein first, attend group support at least once a month and capture everything I eat, I will have long term success.  Hang in there! 

lucy2e
on 5/19/13 10:21 am - Laurel, MD

Hey fellow Marylander!  Nervousness is so normal - I can remember I was totally excited waiting for insurance approval.  Then I got the call that I was approved and they wanted to schedule me for 2 weeks later and the Mothra size butterflies started flying around in my stomach!  I hadn't ever had surgery (except wisdom teeth) and was a nervous wreck - but knew this would change/save my life.  Boy was I right - no regrets at all!

Feel free to friend me!  Ask me any questions.  I hope you are ready for an amazing journey that will change your life in ways that you can only imagine right now!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

debk21
on 5/19/13 1:14 pm - Mansfield, TX

You are among friends right here.  You came to the right place.  We are all in this together!  Keep a positive attitude and don't let the nerves get to you too bad (perfectly normal)...

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

hollykim
on 5/20/13 6:53 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On May 19, 2013 at 12:27 PM Pacific Time, tbandab wrote:

looking for some friends on here to talk to getting nervous..

apparently,we are talking to ourselves...

tbandab
on 5/20/13 8:33 am - Rawlings, MD

huh????

Most Active