Does your wt loss makes your bony areas hurt?

maga63
on 5/27/13 8:46 am

A little over 4 months out, I have lost 70lbs and traded pains. While I'm super excited at the wt loss and how I look, I find myself waking up in the middle of the night with hip, shoulders, knee pains. I sleep on my side and those are my pressure points together with my butt area when i sit at my desk at work, I guess the extra padding I had before provided cushioning..... My sister has also told me that I now slouch forward and look like my (deflated) boobs are pulling me forward...so the lower back pain I had before surgery now moved to the upper back!......her theory is that the weight was better distributed before and I had better posture....now she calls me "the leaning tower of Pisa".......sigh!

Please tell me that my body will get used to its new shape and pain will ease......

OTOH, this pain aside, I have never felt better!

Mary

(deactivated member)
on 5/27/13 8:58 am
VSG on 06/04/12
Sleeping on my side has been a problem, my bony knees bother me when I have my legs together. I also can't sit on anything hard for long because I have no padding on my butt. In fact, I can't sit in the bathtub too long because my tailbone starts to hurt. But, I would rather have all of that then the pain I dealt with from being morbidly obese!
Mousesmom
on 5/27/13 11:22 am - OR
VSG on 03/18/13
Oh yes!
47lbs gone and I spend alot of my time waking up to readjust my sleeping positon or walking off the creepy crawly feelings in my hips.
But I will take it if it means I am losing weight
JAlston
on 5/27/13 12:19 pm
VSG on 12/07/12

I have noticed this as well. I always slept on my left side without fail, now I find myself turning because my hip hurts or my knees feel uncomfortable bone on bone. I have found myself walking up on my back a lot as well too which I never slept on my back. It always made my back hurt (probably because of how heavy I was). My tailbone has caused some bum pain that is for sure...I didnt expect that but it sticks out more then I expected...probably because I never felt it before! kiss Smaller people problems, I guess!

Jessica  

(HW: 305)  (SW: 271.9) (33.1 lbs lost prior to surgery) (MsJexi on MFP)

Calking
on 5/27/13 12:20 pm, edited 5/27/13 12:20 pm
VSG on 05/31/12

I also sleep on my side and end up putting a pillow between my legs.  That being said, there actually are pillows or foam things made specifically for placing between your legs at night.  I absolutely have done that pillow thing for almost a year now and most of the time it works well.  

Of course I also have the issue with my tailbone ... I have found that it does become less sensitive as time goes by ... but overall it is still sensitive.  I imagine at some point I will have to get some sort of gel cushion to sit on ... either that or it is time to stuff some Charmin into my pants.

I haven't noticed any issues with my posture.  I have always had great posture and continue to do so.

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views