Food is Fuel

SuzaQue
on 5/28/13 12:22 pm - Glendale, AZ
VSG on 04/06/13

Tonite I wanted a hamburger so I decided have a couple of bites.  It was from my favorite place too! and it tasted........eeeyah.  It was just food, I would have been just as happy with my 2 oz of tuna.  Everyone said that the taste buds change and boy mine have.  I tried a bite of red licorice, it didn't even taste good enough to swallow so I spit it out.  So I will be sticking with my tuna and my baked ricotta (which I used a pizza sauce on instead of marinara, yumm) and be just as happy!

Preop diet start  /VSG Surgery / Current / Goal
               286                 277            219       165

Lapband / Lowest wt LB unfilled because of problems

286                  250

Highest:     302

pineview01
on 5/28/13 1:44 pm - Davison, MI

I didn't try a hamburger that soon out but when I did, I loved it.  I wish I hadn't

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

SandyRi
on 5/28/13 5:07 pm - WA
VSG on 03/04/13
The same for me for the most part. I am blessed that i have been able to tolerate anything after my surgery. And have even had some of my favorites, pizza. But it was just ok. I more found that as i was eating it thinking its good, but not worth the carbs! So i just scraped off the topping and left the crust which used to be my favorite part! Amazing how food is coming off of that pedestal, especially the more i am aware of 'am i really enjoying this, or just eating it cuz its there?'. Pretty empowering if i focus on that analysis. Definitely an NSV!!!!

Surgery date:  03/04/2013

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 5/28/13 7:15 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

Fuel for the body and fuel for the soul! LOL!! I still love everything as before.. no taste change here at all. Just smaller portions keep me very satisfied and happy. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 265 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views