Hiccups/burps from walking?

GreenisLove
on 6/1/13 8:02 am - CA
VSG on 05/29/13

Posting again as I'm not sure what is causing this! I had my surgery 3 days ago now and I am trying to get my walking in, but when i walk, I start hiccuping? its just like one or two, or its possibly burps that aren't coming out. Have you guys ever had this? It is quite painful too. Any and all tips are appreciated!

Islandertra
on 6/1/13 8:05 am - Courtenay, Canada
VSG on 05/15/13

One of the ladies that I had surgery with had the same things every time she walked the halls she hiccuped . It will go away . Hopefully soon for you .

Today is the first day of the rest of my life and I am not going to waste it !!!  Tracy

GreenisLove
on 6/1/13 8:09 am - CA
VSG on 05/29/13

I sure hope so! and ty for the response! Glad to hear im not the only one lol

Lisa2630
on 6/1/13 11:03 am

I had the hiccups and they were semi-painful and completely annoying.  The RN said to take a couple of deep breaths and hold them.  This will re-set the diaphram. (sp?)    I thought it was because they fixed my hiatel hernia  during the surgery, but regardless of cause,  the hiccups went away.

Donnab62
on 6/1/13 11:37 am
VSG on 04/29/13

I actually get hiccups all the time now. I never used to get them. I have 2 or 3 and then they stop. It is kinda weird.

Donna

snowiekate
on 6/5/13 3:47 am - FL

I am 5 days post-op...and tend to hiccup when i drink too fast. So for me, it is an immediate painful reminder to sip, not gulp.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views