on 6/10/13 10:43 pm, edited 6/10/13 10:45 pm

was great......was not even hungry....

throughout the day:

1 atkins adv. protein shake

loads of water

1 cup chicken broth

2 light and fit greek yogurts 

1 sugar free jello

but the headache...dear god......i barely got any good rest last night. It was dull during the day, i took tylenol...then it creeped back, and last night it was just crazy, took aleve, aspirin (not all together spread out over the night)  this morning its a dull ache

is this because i also ditched the coffee cold turkey? or drastic redux of calories? will it go away soon :(  i was down 2lbs in one day, i was 259 sun im 257 this morning

ravenbrown
on 6/10/13 10:59 pm - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

It's probably the drastic calorie reduction, carb detox and lack of caffeine all rolled into one hellish headache.  Give yourself enough two days, and I bet you'll be feeing a lot better.  Hugs

VSG on 06/12/13

Yeah, I would put money on the caffeine withdrawal. Keep your fluids up and it should pass quickly!

I found that keeping my protein up helped stave off hunger. Amazing. Seriously, I did have an epiphany during my preop diet: Previously, when i did low carb, I spent a lot of energy trying to figure out how to modify sweet stuff to be low carb, instead of simply focusing on upping my protein.

Good luck!

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

CyndiGail
on 6/11/13 12:12 am - Charlotte, NC
VSG on 06/17/13

Hi! It gets better. I am on Day of the pre diet and no headache after the first few days. Good luck!!

VSG (6/17/13) HW: 266 SW: 250 CW: 159

justpete
on 6/11/13 12:53 am, edited 6/11/13 12:53 am
VSG on 04/02/13

took me about 3 days to kick the headache, it's from the carb addiction.  just stick with it, and try not to mess up and eat carby, will jsut prolong it i think.

but also, is this what you nutritionist recommended?  i does not seem like a good prep for surgery at all.  not enough protein by far. and less than 400 calories for sure.  it's really not enough at all, imo.

HW: 407   Final Appointment : 376   Pre-op Diet Start: 367   SW: 350 (Apr2/2013) Add me on MFP

charmedaz
on 6/11/13 11:01 am

yea, i goofed myself...... i could have had 2 more protein shakes and stuff......first day, drug the guide out this morning

my problem is, that regardless of how i goofed myself out of everything i coudl eat, during the day its REALLY easy for me not to eat, i work in a dr office and i get so busy i hardly drink the big ice water i make myself in the mornings, im going to have to really push myself post op to make sure i GET IT IN

in other news..2nd day post op, head feels better, much better, and the clinic also had catered lunch today...a whole spread from chic-fil-a....those nuggets i love...beautiful fruit with caramel sauce, salad...those nuggets....ahhhh! but i didnt even take a pinch. I made my chicken broth, got my yogurt and sucked it up like a big girl...felt good after, on a personal level! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 97 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 323 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 367 views