3 days out!

Nancy1221
on 6/21/13 2:43 pm

And I'm hungry :( I only took my pain meds once today but that's because I was super dizzy and nauseas also I'm having a tough time sleeping I think my bed is to soft. I'm hoping tonight is a better night Will the hunger pains go away!? I'm so confused ;( I'm really craving some nachos and popcorn right now:( 

VSG on 06/12/13
From What everyone says, it is impossible for us to feel hunger anymore. It could be head hunger. one other thing it might be is acid hunger, but I don't think I have experienced that. Has the doc given you any ppi's? Slay those dragons, girl! Keep your water going...

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

Nancy1221
on 6/22/13 2:05 am

I keep telling myself it's all in my head it's all in my head but my stomach won't stop making these weird noises :( I'm able to eat two of my vitamin gummiesSo I use that as being full after I eat them but today is for sure a better day. I'm up going for a walk because my back is starting to hurt. I still didn't get much sleep but at least I'm feeling better 

math4fun
on 6/22/13 5:00 am

I had the VSG on 6/10 and on Saturday (5 days post-op) I was like that, it was horrible! Sunday got better though and each day since then has gotten better. My stomach still makes lots of weird noises but I'm not obsessing about food like I was that 1 day. I got the ok to suck on TicTacs because I had a gross smell/taste constantly (hard to describe) and they helped a LOT!

Hope we both continue to feel better!

Nancy1221
on 6/22/13 5:13 am

Today is for sure a better day even tho I ate a saltine cracker and was able to keep it down not sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing. I'm trying to get the protein in as well but it's so hard! What about sugar free Popsicles do you think those are ok ? And being day 4 it does feel a lot better but my hunger keeps getting worse and worse ;(

math4fun
on 6/22/13 12:11 pm

My doctor said that sugar-free popsicles were fine and I've had some of those too. I wish I could have crackers! On Monday I start with soft and pureed foods - isn't it funny how different doctors have different diet plans for people?

Best of luck!

Nancy1221
on 6/22/13 12:19 pm

I'm thinking maybe those crackers weren't a good idea because I've had five altogether today and I'm only four days out of surgery so I'm thinking I need to back off and stick with the sugarfree Popsicles and liquids I think I just wanted to push my limits to see how many I can consume and I realize that I can actually eat a lot more than I thought and that's a no-no. I was expecting this to be super easy but it's actually a little harder than I thought it would be it takes a lot of willpower to say no. Good luck to you too!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views