Polycystic Ovaries PreOp

Dravens_Mommy
on 6/23/13 2:07 pm - VA

Around the beginning of the year I started having really bad pelvic pain that sometimes left me lying in bed for the duration (usually during ovulation). After a couple months I decided to go see my OBGYN (who I love). I told him what was going on and he scheduled me for a pelvic ultrasound for the following week and then a follow up apt for 2 weeks later. I got the results at that follow up apt which was the last week of April. The ultrasound showed that both of my ovaries are polycystic. My dr put me on BC pills and told me to come back in 2 months for another ultrasound. I was only able to take the BC pills for the first month because they gave me crazy mood swings and I go back to see him the first week of July. I've still been having a lot of pain, especially during ovulation or when I've been walking around holding my son (weighs 45lbs). It comes and goes and usually, but not always, ibuprofen helps a lot. Today was pretty bad pain wise and I'm pretty sure that the ultrasound will show no improvement and then we'll discuss what comes next. Have any other ladies been through this? What was your experience? TIA!!

FearlessCourt
on 6/23/13 5:05 pm - Davenport, IA
VSG on 04/02/13

I have PCOS and am all to familiar with the pain. I have been on multiple BC and you just have to work with you dr to find one thta will work for you. I either had massive mood swings or months where I would go 3 week with a period, yes a period not just spotting. I haven't been on BC for awhile now as I want to see if my body is going to start regulating itself and allow me to actually have periods. Talk to you OBGYN and start on another BC it does help alot. If you have problems with the new one don't wait, call and get another one started. Do this till you find one that works with your body.

Good Luck!!

HW: 314 SW: 308 CW: 292  GW: 190    

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views