5 days post op - feel great!

Yelena K.
on 6/29/13 1:52 pm - Plymouth, MN

Oddly enough, my recovery after the sleeve is way easier than it was with the band. I feel like all I am doing is peeing.. from both ends. And every time I pee... I lose a pound haha. I guess they pumped me full of liquids! 

I feel like a WLS baby again, even though I have a lot of experience and great success. It's nice to be part of this forum. How much did people lose in their first month? Just curious.

2019: 11 years out and maintaining a loss of 150lbs.

Follow me:

www.morethanmyweight.com

www.facebook.com/morethanmyweight

www.youtube.com/morethanmyweight

gorditabonita
on 6/29/13 2:04 pm - Springfield, VA
VSG on 01/23/13 with

Congrats Elena - Welcome to the other side!!!! I remember peeing alot too. I have consistently lost 10-12 pounds per month with my sleeve. Did you have your revision in one procedure or two? Some dr's believe that makes a difference.

Can't wait to watch you melt again!

HW - 287 (12/2007); GW - 165; CW - 164....proudly wearing a size 8!On my journey from LapBand to VSG.....LapBand on 12/19/07, LapBand removal on 8/8/12 and sleeve on1/23/13! Consider joining me at Band2Sleeve!( http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Band2Sleeve/)  Friend me on MyFitnessPal too! I'm gorditabonita74.

Yelena K.
on 6/29/13 2:26 pm - Plymouth, MN

They did it all in one surgery. I am glad that the gas isn't bad... after the band my shoulders hurt so bad! 

Follow me:

www.morethanmyweight.com

pineview01
on 6/29/13 2:05 pm - Davison, MI

Same here.  My recovery from the sleeve was way easier than it was with the band.  When I got home and weighed I was up 12 pounds (18# after band removal.)  So I was peeing and losing every time too

The first month I lost that 12 IV pounds plus 19 more.  I had lost 14 during the 2 week pre-op diet too.

Congratulation on your new sleeve!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Yelena K.
on 6/29/13 2:26 pm - Plymouth, MN

Thank you! 

Follow me:

www.morethanmyweight.com

Sandy M.
on 6/29/13 11:17 pm - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

I have found that the sleeve is superior to the band in so many ways!  I'm about 2 months out, and haven't had any issues with food or drink at all, other than feeling uncomfortably full.  With the band I never knew what was going to happen, and shunned eating out because I never knew if I was going to have to run for the bathroom!

Welcome back to the Loser's Bench!  I lost about 19 pounds in 3 weeks, then stalled for a week or two.  Since then I've stalled a couple of times, but when I do my measurements show that I'm losing inches.  Still, 27 pounds in 2 months is great, especially since I was a "light weight" to begin with when I had the sleeve surgery.

I hope the rest of your journey is as smooth sailing as the first 5 days!  

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

kdolphin
on 6/30/13 10:00 am - FL

Elina I feel like I have known you since your were a baby even though I mostly lurk and had my band in  07.  Had my sleeve revision 2 years ago and it was much easier on me than my band surgery.  Wishing you well on your new journey, for me this one has been so much better and I am so much happier with my sleeve.

Ms Shell
on 7/1/13 3:58 am - Hawthorne, CA

Oh wow as one of your "friends" it's just WEIRD to see your post and it's on the VSG board.  I wish you all the success with your sleeve that you experienced with your Band =)

Ms Shell

Dev *.
on 7/1/13 4:51 am - Austin, TX

Hey sweetie! I didn't know you were revising!

I'll be right there with you in 10 more days!

Banded 03/22/06  276/261/184 (highest/surgery/lowest)

Sleeved 07/11/2013  228/165 (surgery/current) (111lbs lost)

Mom to two of the cutest boys on earth.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 69 views