I don't know why....

Nancy1221
on 6/30/13 5:58 am

I just feel like I'm in a funk right now I'm just about finishing my two week postop liquid diet so I'm yearning for some real food. I feel like once I get past this then I think things will hopefully get a little easier for me. I know that this is what I signed up for nobody forced me to make this decision and I made it but it is hard and I'm learning to deal with these new emotions not being able to eat popcorn and nachos for me like for you not being able to drink your Coke. Thanks so much for the support and for allowing me to vent and for having the time to write to respond to my post. I appreciate it!

tiddles
on 6/30/13 7:34 am
VSG on 05/09/13 with

I remember those feelings as a new post-op. I did feel sad and emotional, it's seriously like losing a friend, not being able to eat whatever and whenever you like. The good news is that you will get over it very soon. I very seldom have cravings now, and I have a husband and kids who eat all kinds of food in front of me. It's a long learned habit that just takes a bit of effort to kick. When you're on real food it's even easier, as once you fill up on those tiny portions of protein, there's no room for other foods you may crave. Stick with it - it's worth the sacrifice!

ShelleKarena
on 6/30/13 7:34 am
VSG on 07/10/13 with

I feel your pain.  I would KILL for an oreo right now or any other crack like substance. The thing that is getting me through this is to remind myself that no one is stopping me from eating that crap other than me. I choose not to eat the oreo or honey bun or ice cream because it will not help me get to where I need to be.  The thought of surgery not being able to happen because I did not stick to my pre op diet is also a great motivator.  In all reality that one oreo or sugary thing would probably not halt my surgery but the stress isn't worth it.   

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views