Walking Post VSG - Can you push double stroller?

Mommydoo
on 7/2/13 1:44 am - OR

My surgery is scheduled for July 17th and I am a planner.  So I am trying to get everything in order regarding care for kiddos, food for family and items I will need. 

Exercise will of course be important for me to plan as I won't be able to Zumba again for 6 weeks to 2 months. 

I know many have said they were able to walk right away.  My question - will I be able to push a doulie stroller with 60 lbs of kiddos inside right after surgery so that I can take walks?  Or will I need a sitter for my kiddos while I walk?

Thank you,

Kimberly

mickeymantle
on 7/2/13 1:58 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

I would think it would be ok as long as the kids can climb in themselves and the sidewalk is flat but it is always best to ask your surgeon

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Diana E.
on 7/2/13 2:53 am
VSG on 03/27/13

I wold say, a majority of people fall into the category where this would be fine at about a week out.  I was not one of those.  But I seem to be in the minority.  I had a lot of pain and could barely stand up straight for 2 weeks.  In all honesty... "right away" is too soon, I would think for anyone.  You really don't want to risk injuring yourself.  You are healing and need to be careful.  Walking yes, pushing kids around, maybe not so much.  You also need to take into account, you are responsible for those kids while you are out and about.  Personally, if one of them needs tending to, you may not be able to care for their needs if you are a mile from home.

I'm a total worry wart (blame my Mom)... so, that's my 2 cents. wink

HW- 318    SW- 310    CW- 194.4    GW- 170-ish  Onderland: 10/30/2013

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views