sliders

Keith L.
on 7/2/13 10:45 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12
Slider foods are foods like ice cream that will not fill you up and go right through your pyloric valve. Also in our context refer to calorie or carbohydrate dense foods. Things like chips and cookies probably are trigger foods not sliders. They should fill a sleeve you just may not be able to stop eating them and ultimately stretch your stomach.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

hollykim
on 7/3/13 5:02 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
I think slider foods can be triggers and trigger food can be sliders. For me ,, I can eat way more cookies than dense protein cause the cookies goes to mush in my mouth and a whole lot of mush can fit in my sleeve. Cookies also trigger me to want more cookies so they are interchangeable for me.

tigerbelle
on 7/2/13 11:01 pm - LA
VSG on 05/06/13

I agree with Keith's definition of a slider food...so far those foods for me have been "allowable" snacks such as sugar-free jello and popsicles....I haven't yet gone off my plan with other things...as for trigger foods, my NUT's plan doesn't allow for the first 6 months at a minimum any starches such as bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, corn, cereal, crackers, etc...and certainly no sweets...again, I plan to follow her plan

barrels1
on 7/3/13 5:43 am
VSG on 05/29/13

How do you know it is a slider food? Because you just eat and not get full? I honestly can't even tell if I am full. I think I am so afraid of overeating that I stop before that happens...regardless of what I happen to be eating.

thinnersinner
on 7/3/13 11:40 am

Cottage cheese, lettuce, yogurt, anything mushy

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 171 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 448 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 470 views