2 days into my preop liquid diet and I'm already dying!!!!!

dreamslim
on 7/3/13 12:57 pm - San Antonio, TX

So I started my liquid diet tuesday and I must admit it is a little harder then I though it was going to be. I'm not necessarily hungery but what suck is that I live in a house with 5 other people (my family) who do not have to watch what they eat so all I can smell is the food their cooking or eating which makes it worse for me. It also sucks becuase this is a big eating week for me lol. 4th of july is tomorrow so we will be going to bbq's and get together's all day, then friday I'm going with my cousins to the Beyonce concert (which I'm completely excited about even though I can't eat), and then on Sat my parents are having a party which I have to attend and there is going to be a LOT of food and drinking and I can't take part of anything. So I'm kinda bummed but then I am thankful because by this time next week I will be sleeved and I'm soo ready for that. I also realize that my doctor's office usually makes ppl do the liquid diet for 2-4 weeks so I'm lucky to get away with only one week.  I'm trying to stay positive so I'm trying hard to think good thoughts.  The support has really helped and I'm totally grateful for that. So anyway that my rant see you guys next week!!

mhogans
on 7/3/13 1:04 pm
VSG on 05/28/13

When my family would eat I would take my shake into another room and enjoy it there. As far as parties go I would pack what I would be able to have in my purse and take it with me, including water bottles. I wrote all about my liquid diet days on my blog if you want to read them please feel free to.

Michelle

"For every pound dropped it's one less pound to worry about in my future."

Nancy1221
on 7/3/13 1:08 pm

Trust me the first 4 days are the toughest! What does suck is that you have all these occasions coming up that's gonna make it even harder! But think of it as a test You will do GREAT it's all worth it in the end for me the pre-op diet was super hard as well because I had birthday parties after birthday parties and well I LOVE TO EAT lol but I survived and you will too!! I'm 2 weeks post-op and i've already lost 16 lbs! It's an amazing feeling... Good luck to you keep us updated!!

HAVE FUN AT THE BEYONCE CONCERT

Nancy

themexcellentone
on 7/3/13 1:12 pm
VSG on 07/08/13 with

Hang in there...this is the toughest part!  You can make it.  I'm nearly done with my pre-op diet and no lie, the first week was the hardest.   This is week 2 of 3 for me.  Just keep thinking about why you're doing it, and how big the payoff will be in the end!

And you can take part in the partying with your family...don't think about the food as the reason you're there.  This is something I am still learning myself.  Look at it as getting to spend time with your family.

You can do this!  Think of it this way:  this time next week, both of us will have been sleeved and will be on our way to fabulosity!

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

happyteacher
on 7/4/13 12:15 am

You are doing really well!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

benevola
on 7/3/13 1:33 pm - Des Moines, WA
VSG on 07/17/13

I hear you there! Today was day one of my 2 week preop diet and I've been anxious and cranky. Rationally, I know I'm not starving (I get 2 shakes and a dinner with a lean protein and all the veggies and salad I want), but I'm still all panicky. 

I know this will get better over the next couple of days; I just need to repeat it like a mantra or something. 

defygravity
on 7/3/13 2:55 pm - NE
VSG on 07/10/13

I am, basically, in the exact same boat as you.  My surgery is next Wed. and my dr said I could do a wk preop instead of the usual 2 wks.  We have a big party every 4th at my parents lakehouse and there's tons of foods... most of them carb related.  I did get "permission" to drink Woodchuck beer (only 2 WW pts) since it's a liquid kiss.  I left some premade protein drinks at my moms today and I'm going to keep my water bottle with me all day.  I bought some SF jello and pudding to take as well.  I bought some popsicles, but there will be a lot of kids and I don't want to share mail.  

Have a great weekend and drink lots of water!  See you on the other side.

~ Colleen                                       Instagram

"It is our choices... far more than our abilities that determine who we are."         

HW 232; SW 223; 1stGW 199;  2ndGW 170  

happyteacher
on 7/4/13 12:14 am

The preop part is the hardest.  Especially the first 4 or 5 days.  Hang in there- it is really worth it!  Take appropriate food choices with you to the gatherings and it will help you stay out of the other food.  It is well worth getting yourself physically ready and reducing the risk of complications by reducing that liver size.

Hang in there!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

lucy2e
on 7/4/13 1:34 am - Laurel, MD

Wow - you have an awesome social life!  Hang in there - I know it is rough (believe me a burger commercial brought me to tears during my 2 week liquid diet after being around a coworker and my daughter's boyfriend eating burgers in front of me that day), but you will get through this!  You are strong!  You want this more than you want any food!

Have plenty of sugar free popsicles around  -  they were my saving grace during the 2 week liquid diet and they helped post op too!

See you on the losers bench soon!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

Angie S.
on 7/4/13 1:42 am - ID
My pre-op diet is 6 weeks. I haven't started yet and have almost no doubt it will be miserable. Be glad yours is shorter. Good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 126 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 361 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 407 views